Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow your trip sounds amazing the kids will be over the moon! We are over there from the 29th July till Aug 19th, but are plans are no where near as detailed as yours!

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Wow your trip sounds amazing the kids will be over the moon! We are over there from the 29th July till Aug 19th, but are plans are no where near as detailed as yours!
Thanks, I hope we can pull it off! We may see you there!

We do love to plan our holidays and spend a lot of time researching, I wouldn't expect everyone to spend as long as we do. We just spent an hour going over the park busy day guide to make sure we are hitting the parks on the lowest crowd level days...
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Back again with another update - for once this isnt all about food - well not entirely

Firstly, we have added Red Robin into our plans for eating - we have discovered it through reading some good reviews on the Dibb and the food and shakes look amazing! On the day we had planned to go to Sonic for a drive thru burger and pop into Cheesecake factory on the way home, we have now changed this to just Cheesecake factory for the whole meal! The menu looked too good...

On the non food front we have an update too! Firstly, on our Discovery Cove day DD is doing a dolphin swim and DS is not doing anything extra, so we have booked him into the SkyDive experience where you go into one of the wind tunnels and experience sky diving without jumping out of a plane! I am sure he will love it...

Busch Gardens was a top park for us last time and we are planning to visit it twice. The first time we hope to go over with some friends who are on holiday at the same time and have never been, the second time we have booked the 5 hour guided adventure tour which includes a meal, tour guide, front of the line access to selected rides and safari tour. It costs $99 each, we think for the tour, with the food and front of the line access as well as tour guide, we feel like it will help us make the most of the park.

Finally, we are investigating doing an airboat ride on our last full day. I'm sure we will be able to give more info on this soon. I'm sure we will find something else to update on shortly as well!
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

And rather unsurprisingly we have a couple of changes to our offsite restaurant choices...

Our first offsite meal is Mrs Potato, replacing Golden Corral. We love to try unique restaurants which are a bit different and Mrs Potato certainly fits the bill!

Also, UNO is out and replaced with Hash house a Go Go, which had been on the reserve list. A look at the menu's and then seeing it on Man V Food where Adam Richman tried one of their creations was a decider for us, so bring it on!

That really should be it on changes, unless we discover something else new!
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Oh my gosh, I am so going to be living vicariously through you guys for this trip! Jamie I LOVE the title...genius!

I'm half way through but I'm putting a dibb/facebook ban on myself tomorrow (I am getting nothing done...I mean I know I'm meant to be resting but I'm literally researching Disney non-stop at the moment) but I will be back to finish reading your pre-trippie soon.

So excited for you..can't believe you aren't telling the kids!

Edit: okay edit to say I manage to fit in reading the rest before my abstenance begins lol. Firstly, oh no we absolutely loved O’hanas (now on our must do list) but good call on the Cheesecake Factory. We went there when we were in Texas and loved it! Is five guys still on your list? I think you’d definitely enjoy it!

Edited at 12:04 AM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Finally...a non food update!

This one will fill you in on something we are planning to support Josiah. As any readers of our last trip report will be aware in the first 2 weeks he had a growing problem with feeling anxious which impacted on his eating as well as a few nerves on rides.

Following a trip to DisneyLand Paris last summer it really highlighted how his nerves can really struggle when he is uncertain about a ride and has a long wait. It was a regular occurrence that he would drop out of the line and Han would have to go with him.

We do have a letter from our doctors which medically backs this up, but as this holiday is our last family trip to Florida and given that it isn't cheap either, we want to make sure that the anxiety levels are kept as low as possible and he (and us) can get the maximum enjoyment out of our trip. It is funny how it affects him, as he is happy to perform on stage with his theatre group, mainly because he knows exactly whats going to happen. However, the first time on a ride he hasn't been on is something he finds completely overwhelming, especially with a long wait in a line with no distraction.

Planes are similar for him, taking off is the thing he struggles with as well as feeling rushed to get settled in his seat. Unfortunately some people can be very rude and impatient when getting on a plane...don't worry folks no one else can sit in your seat. On our recent trip to New York, Virgin allowed us to be amongst the first to board which gave him a minute or two to get settled and set up with books and tech etc before everyone else got on the plane. It was the easiest flight experience we have ever had with him!

To help with the flight aspect, we have contacted BA, Gatwick and Tampa and all have been fantastic; from sending us a fetching green sunflower lanyard for him to wear in Gatwick (as a fashion conscious 14 yr old he will be thrilled ;-) to BA allowing us to choose seats he will be comfortable in and have priority boarding and Tampa arranging for us to be met in the airport to ease his worries, both on arrival and departure. We are hoping that this will give him that peace of mind for travelling!

We are also going to get DAS this time in the parks, which we understand gets linked to your magic band. It doesn't give you immediate access to a ride - rather it allows you to book a slot to return to a ride so that you don't have to wait in the queues. Given that this is the bit which is a real struggle for him we hope it will help. I suspect we will only use it on rides he is unsure about so that the nerves don't get too much in a queue. We will just go with fast pass for everything else.

As we are writing live trip reports...hopefully...we will let you know how this works in practice.
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear about your son and his anxiety but good to see the airports and airline are willing to put things in place to help. Hopefully making use of DAS and FP will let him, and the rest of the family, enjoy lots of lovely rides. Happy planning
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We too used our phone for google maps. We rented a sat navy which didn’t work properly and sent us all over the place so for £4 a day charge on o2 we used the phone. Much better
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Help! We just need the holiday to come. The waiting around has brought about another change. At this rate we will have changed or moved most things round from our 'ideal' initial plan.

So, although we loved The Wave we have decided to branch out for something a bit different that we haven't done before. So we have now gone for a Boma breakfast. It has fab reviews and a massive range which will suit all of our diverse tastes.

Please...no more changes.
Old 27 Mar 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Man v Disney View Post
Help! We just need the holiday to come. The waiting around has brought about another change. At this rate we will have changed or moved most things round from our 'ideal' initial plan.

So, although we loved The Wave we have decided to branch out for something a bit different that we haven't done before. So we have now gone for a Boma breakfast. It has fab reviews and a massive range which will suit all of our diverse tastes.

Please...no more changes.
You won't regret it! Boma breakfast is now our last day tradition, love it! 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List