Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Is it just me or are people finding the deals for a new handset with the phone providers are long gone?

EE prices are silly. So much so my Wife bought her XR from Apple and went SIM only. Me, I just get 'hand me downs'

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Is it just me or are people finding the deals for a new handset with the phone providers are long gone?

EE prices are silly. So much so my Wife bought her XR from Apple and went SIM only. Me, I just get 'hand me downs'
No it's not just you! They are ridiculous now. Lot's now doing 3 year contracts as well to keep the cost down.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Mobile

Think I’m going for the 11. I have a 7 just now which is on it’s last legs! For my 7 I took Finance with Apple and paid a monthly fee with a SIM only deal elsewhere as it worked out cheaper at the time, hoping for the same! I’ll also trade in my 7 and an old iPad I have but think I’ll do it separately as seem to be getting more money for them elsewhere!
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a loyal Vodafone customer for almost 20 years and they couldn’t give me a decent deal for myself and my son. Wanted £35 a month for an iPhone 7 with 4g data which has been out years. I switched my son to EE and got an iPhone XR for £35 with 30gb data.

Me, I’m still waiting but Vodafone won’t be getting my loyalty any longer.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishgirl87 View Post
Think I’m going for the 11. I have a 7 just now which is on it’s last legs! For my 7 I took Finance with Apple and paid a monthly fee with a SIM only deal elsewhere as it worked out cheaper at the time, hoping for the same! I’ll also trade in my 7 and an old iPad I have but think I’ll do it separately as seem to be getting more money for them elsewhere!
The jump from the 7 probably makes it worthwhile for you. I agree about the Apple finance being cheapest way of doing it. I now own my X so just pay the tenner a month to giffgaff.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a loyal Vodafone customer for almost 20 years and they couldn’t give me a decent deal for myself and my son. Wanted £35 a month for an iPhone 7 with 4g data which has been out years. I switched my son to EE and got an iPhone XR for £35 with 30gb data.

Me, I’m still waiting but Vodafone won’t be getting my loyalty any longer.
I was also with Vodafone for 20 years they couldn’t give me a good deal either and wasn’t bothered when I phoned and told them I was leaving! So I’m now with 3 sim only deal and phone from apple
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have an iPhone 8plus I think but I’m not changing yet. I tend to only change my phone when I really have to as I just cannot justify the prices for probably a bunch a features I won’t use 🙈
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Hesitant to bring this up because I’d hate to see another B word thread on here but apparently Apple have moved on from charging UK the same price in £ as US pay in dollars to now charging more £ than $
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

My 8plus is still performing well so I will be sticking with that for now, although its just coming up to its 2nd birthday at which point I would usually upgrade. When it does eventually start running too slowly for my liking, an 11 pro plus will be next.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I only got my 8 plus last year and that was because my 5s kept switching off, if it hadn’t have done that I would still have it! I’m happy with my phone and don’t use it that much to be bothered about a new one! I spent far more time on my iPad...far too much as it tells me every week 😁
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List