Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

I’m reluctant to book tests because it sounds like showing proof of Covid is more favourable. Firstly you don’t have to do any testing here in the uk or 2-5 days after arriving in the USA (my daughter has only had one vaccination)
So it makes sense to me to have proof of recovery it just needs clarification on what that is.

I popped into Virgin Holidays Store yesterday and the lady didn’t know the answer and said she had not been asked that before. I was shocked as surely all the Virgin Holidays/ Atlantic staff should be briefed on what the requirements are. She actually knew less than I did.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Thanks for your replies. I’m getting a bit nervous about all of this now. I have searched high and low for my daughters positive test and recovery emails and I can’t find them on any of my devices. I’ve found the rest of the family emails and not hers. She was the first one out of all of us to test positive. I think I’m going to have to just book her in for tests to cover all bases
Try logging onto your email providers home website and log in from there.

Failing that, I'd try bother NHS lateral flow and see how it reads. If negative, and you can't find the original paperwork, could you try the breathe assured route?

What about contacting the NHS and see if they can re-issue?

Fingers crossed you find them.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I don't understand why airlines won't say what documents are needed to prove recovery as surely they will be checking you have the right ones at check in?

Perhaps each check in desk is different and depends who you get on the day!
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I don't understand why airlines won't say what documents are needed to prove recovery as surely they will be checking you have the right ones at check in?

Perhaps each check in desk is different and depends who you get on the day!
The airlines don't tell you because it isn't their responsibility - they make it quite clear that it is up to the passenger to find out and comply with the latest regulations. It is exactly the same for entry requirments into countries.

The problem with the above is that the situation is so confusing and changes happen so regularly- already there are rumours about possible changes being announced in January so it is very difficult to keep track of what is required.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Just a little update. My doctor won’t issue a fit to fly letter. The receptionist told me the doctor said and I quote ‘if I had to write a letter for everyone that has had covid I would have no time to actually be a doctor’
I fully understand that they have a lot to do as it is but I’m now back to square one.
I spoke to my husband and we agreed that we we’re just going to have to book tests as we we’re getting nowhere.
As a last ditch attempt for information I decided to call Virgin Atlantic ( previously I called Virgin Holidays) as my last resort before I book tests and I got a very helpful lady on the phone who totally understood my dilemma and knew the answer straight away.
She said that we just need to show our nhs covid pass at the airport that proves we’ve had Covid. Apparently I can get one from the nhs in the post for my daughter. I asked about having a signed letter from the doctor and she said no it’s one or the other you do not need both.

So that todays update.
It’s a risky one but what do you guys think? Would you be happy just showing your NHS covid pass as proof of having it?
It’s like a rollercoaster and not a fun one.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’m in the same boat but I’m just gonna do the test on my daughter for peace of mind.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

So an update from the doc's today - the email goes like this...

Doctor - Are you sure this is needed even if you have been vaccinated? We can also print off a copy of the date you were positive and the result and stamp the letter but this isnt something we are often asked.

Me - Hello, Thank you for getting back to me. Yes for people within the 90 day period of recovering from Covid we must have this as a condition of entry to the US (it is US CDC guidance not UK guidance). We must have documentation signed by a health professional to say we have recovered from covid and are fit to fly. Is it possible to print the document you mention above in your email, add the date we returned to work and sign, date and stamp that ? I am really sorry to trouble you but is this something you can do ? The guidance says - a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

Doctor - Thanks for your message. Your covid test results are sent to us as an electronic notification, so they appear in your medical record, but there is no document as such that can be produced to show a positive result. I can write a letter that states that we have received the result and the date on which it came. I can also state that you have completed the necessary period of isolation and have recovered from your covid symptoms. Hopefully this will cover what the Americans want. I can see that you have also had 2 doses of vaccine which I can also mention. It would be worth making sure you have downloaded evidence of this to the NHS app as well.

Unfortunately, this is regarded as non NHS work and will attract a fee of £30.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I’m in the same boat but I’m just gonna do the test on my daughter for peace of mind.
Hopefully by the time you go it will all be clearer. I'll try and ask questions at check in but we are flying with AA, who are you flying with ?
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Just a little update. My doctor won’t issue a fit to fly letter. The receptionist told me the doctor said and I quote ‘if I had to write a letter for everyone that has had covid I would have no time to actually be a doctor’
I fully understand that they have a lot to do as it is but I’m now back to square one.
I spoke to my husband and we agreed that we we’re just going to have to book tests as we we’re getting nowhere.
As a last ditch attempt for information I decided to call Virgin Atlantic ( previously I called Virgin Holidays) as my last resort before I book tests and I got a very helpful lady on the phone who totally understood my dilemma and knew the answer straight away.
She said that we just need to show our nhs covid pass at the airport that proves we’ve had Covid. Apparently I can get one from the nhs in the post for my daughter. I asked about having a signed letter from the doctor and she said no it’s one or the other you do not need both.

So that todays update.
It’s a risky one but what do you guys think? Would you be happy just showing your NHS covid pass as proof of having it?
It’s like a rollercoaster and not a fun one.
The only way I would do risk showing the covid pass without any other documentation is if I was doing check inand bag drop the night before with enough wiggle room/time to pop over to the testing site at the airport if needed. How many of you need testing, just trying to weigh up the cost of test versus stress situation

Edited at 08:36 PM.
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
The only way I would do risk showing the covid pass without any other documentation is if I was doing check inand bag drop the night before with enough wiggle room/time to pop over to the testing site at the airport if needed. How many of you need testing, just trying to weigh up the cost of test versus stress situation
Well if they don’t think the nhs covid pass / app is sufficient then I guess all 4 of us would need testing.
We are staying over at an airport hotel the night before so we are thinking of popping in that evening and asking the questions. If necessary book a test there and then if needed

Louise