Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersofe
Trying for More Ears

Cookies and Scream! November 2021 Post-Trip Pre-Trip Report

Hello everyone and welcome to my trip report. This is my first time writing a trip report so please let me know if you have any questions or if I have missed anything. I’m actually writing this pre-trip report after I have got home from our November 2021 holiday. I had always kind of planned writing one but didn’t want to tempt fate by starting! I still can’t believe we actually got to go. I called this report “Cookies and Scream” as I have a penchant for a Disney World cookie, and we both love roller-coasters so a lot of screaming was done!

Introductions

This trip was just me and my partner, we are both 30 and we are from Bristol. I have been lucky enough to go Florida a fair few times with my family as a child and I absolutely love it. We have both been again with my family and we have been as a couple once before in January 2018.

As traditional for every trip report at the moment, a history- we had originally planned to go back to Florida in November 2020. You might want to skip this next bit if you’re sick of hearing about cancelled holidays and changing plans!

We mostly booked our 2020 holiday as a package with Virgin Holidays with direct flights from Gatwick. We also booked a DVC rental with DVC Rental Store for 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We bought our tickets (Disney, Universal and Seaworld/ Busch) through Klook. We managed to grab one of their 30% off codes for their birthday so really got a bargain!After having our hopes up for much of 2020 this holiday was eventually cancelled in September 2020.

At this point, we contacted DVC rental Store about our trip. Animal Kingdom Lodge was open but they agreed to give us a credit note for the full cost of the rental we had paid so far. They did this for guests if you were unable to travel from your home country due to a government travel ban. The credit note had to be redeemed by the Nov 2022. We were really happy with the service from DVC Rental Store and felt they had been more than fair and very helpful.

Klook refunded our Disney tickets but the Universal and Seaworld tickets were extended. So we at least got to keep our bargains for these!

Way back in December 2020, we (perhaps stupidly) felt pretty positive that we would be able to go on our holiday in November 2021 so we started planning again! We rebooked a package again with Virgin, I work for the NHS so got 5% discount and this included the Disney tickets. We used our DVC Rental Store credit note to book 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the end of our holiday. By this point DVC rental store had changed their policy. The stay was non-refundable unless you purchased their “payment protection plan” which would have added about £350 to the cost of our stay. We decided not to purchase this.
We were due to fly on Sunday 7th November 2021 (spot the incoming issue here!). We got planning but as 2021 progressed, started to feel not very positive about our prospects of going.

When the lifting of the travel ban was announced for “early November” we were over the moon and were feeling excited about our 7th November flights. This then slowly started to fade and eventually our whole package was cancelled by Virgin Holidays on 14th October. The next day the date of the borders opening was announced as November 8th. Therefore we decided to re-book everything, flying one day later than originally planned! This meant we were still able to use our DVC Rental that we had booked for the end of our holiday.

Sorry this feels like a very long story… Continued below with the actual plan!
Supersofe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List