Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jan 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Itinerary ideas for 3 days in New York

Looking to do 3 full days in New York and needing some advice.
I'm in my late 50s reasonably fit but have some health issues main one being a problem with my bowels, which means I do tire fairly easily and due to my medication regime I am basically up early but but after working a full day at work I'm in bed early and we are talking 8pm.
I'm looking to do 3 full days in New York before I fly down to Florida and would like some guidance on what to see and in what order I thought so far I want to do:-
The hop on hop off bus tour
Top of the Rock
Brooklyn Bridge
9/11 memorial
Visit kleinfelds (sad am i)
A bit of shopping
The zoo/central park
Round trip on the Staten Island Ferry
Any advice on how to do these in any sort of order to keep things close together anything important I might have missed any changes and advice or welcome thank you just to add I will be there from the 12th of November until I fly out very early on the 16th

Edited at 05:29 PM.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I can't comment on the Hop on Hop off bus as we have never done that but the other things I can try and group for you.

Brooklyn Bridge & the 9/11 memorial are both downtown so do those on the same day. Also that end is the Staten Island Ferry, you can easily do all of these in one full day.

Top of the Rock, Central Park and the shopping could all be grouped together and is all walkable (or a couple of $ in a cab if you did get tired). Empire State is also in the same sort of Midtown area if that was of interest as is Grand Central Station.

I have no idea what Kleinfelds is so can't help with that one.

What we did find with NYC is that everything is closer than you think. Without even realising on our first 15 minutes in the city, we walked past the ESB & the public library.

Edited at 05:39 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Take a look at the Here We Go app.l for New York. It will group attractions together for you so you are not darting from one area to another.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

If you like tk maxx you might want to have go to century 21. If you do it's near the 9/11 memorial.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by borntoshop View Post
If you like tk maxx you might want to have go to century 21. If you do it's near the 9/11 memorial.
This may have closed?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

We are there for 3 full days and will split it up into 3 parts: One day downtown, one day midtown and one day uptown.
Downtown would be Brooklyn bridge, Wall Street, 911 and Statue of Liberty stuff.
Midtown would be Times Square, ESB, Top of the Rock, GCS etc.
Uptown would be Central park, museums, etc.
Enjoy your planning.
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

I think Century 21 was unfortunately a casualty of Covid
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I love the hop on hop off buses!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree with all of the above. We have been a few times and it was surprising how close some of the attractions are. We also really enjoyed the Natural History Museum and it was close to Central Park too. One thing that I would like to do on my next trip is organise a tour with a New York Greeter, basically you arrange to meet and they take you on a two hour tour around the city. There is no cost but it is recommended that you tip. I believe you discuss in advance where yiu would like to explore.

bigapplegreeter/
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

If going lower to see the 9/11 museum etc, then I would certainly recommend going up ‘One world’. We have also done ‘the Rock’ before, but rate the views looking down on the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island etc as much better.
Apart from anything else, the lift is incredible.

With the water cruise, Liberty cruises, leaving from pier 36, Middle West Side, just down from USS Intrepid might work better for you. It goes down, round and then up as far as the bridges passing under the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges before turning round and coming back. It also drops and picks up very close to the 9/11 site. You get some awesome photos and a running commentary.

USS Intrepid is also worth a look.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:38 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List