Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 28 Jan 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I don’t think I could skip breakfast , it’s a fine balance though with Calories .
Slimmingworld is just keeping me accountable as I tend to cheat otherwise.
Lockdown didn’t help as cake and biscuit became the norm 🥴
It did for me too, I piled on weight in first lockdown especially.
If you are interested trying, then try pulling your breakfast back a bit at a time, half an hour a week type thing and lighten it until you are at lunchtime.
I do have one coffee with milk, but black coffee, tea, peppermint tea etc all help, something warm in your belly.
I don’t notice now at all, don’t miss it at all
Old 28 Jan 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

I had an early lunch today as I often skip breakfast or just have a banana. I had 4 Aldi chicken sausages, 1/2 tin beans, baby spinach and mushrooms (used fry light) and it was just short of 400 calories.
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
It did for me too, I piled on weight in first lockdown especially.
If you are interested trying, then try pulling your breakfast back a bit at a time, half an hour a week type thing and lighten it until you are at lunchtime.
I do have one coffee with milk, but black coffee, tea, peppermint tea etc all help, something warm in your belly.
I don’t notice now at all, don’t miss it at all
I’ll give that a try
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

I often have warburtons cinnamon and raisin bagel thin or a Lindhals kvarg yogurt xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I'm also on a weight loss journey! I have lost about 6 pounds so far. I've been semi sticking to SW principles. 1 thing I've done that's helped me is I have pushed breakfast from 7.30am to 9.30/10am and instead of my usual cereal, I have fruit and onken yoghurt. I'm actually finding it very filling and by eating breakfast later im not then having a snack attack mid morning (which usually was an insane amount of biscuits). My body has gotten used to it now and tbh I didnt really notice myself that hungry as I was too busy doing the school run. I've also started a regular walking exercise regime (gentle exercise is all that my health allows). I will say though that I'm on maternity leave so it's been much easier to do all of these things.

Our dinners I've been using some ideas from the NHS change for life. We have always eaten fairly healthily but towards the end of the week I've noticed our dinners arent that healthy so I'm making sure all our dinners have more veg etc.

Good luck! It is bloomin hard! I hope my motivation continues but so far I'm enjoying feeling healthier. I have much more energy. Fridays I give myself a day off from healthy eating and I feel so sluggish on Saturdays.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
I'm also on a weight loss journey! I have lost about 6 pounds so far. I've been semi sticking to SW principles. 1 thing I've done that's helped me is I have pushed breakfast from 7.30am to 9.30/10am and instead of my usual cereal, I have fruit and onken yoghurt. I'm actually finding it very filling and by eating breakfast later im not then having a snack attack mid morning (which usually was an insane amount of biscuits). My body has gotten used to it now and tbh I didnt really notice myself that hungry as I was too busy doing the school run. I've also started a regular walking exercise regime (gentle exercise is all that my health allows). I will say though that I'm on maternity leave so it's been much easier to do all of these things.

Our dinners I've been using some ideas from the NHS change for life. We have always eaten fairly healthily but towards the end of the week I've noticed our dinners arent that healthy so I'm making sure all our dinners have more veg etc.

Good luck! It is bloomin hard! I hope my motivation continues but so far I'm enjoying feeling healthier. I have much more energy. Fridays I give myself a day off from healthy eating and I feel so sluggish on Saturdays.
It’s really hard and you really have to be in the right mindset . I lost 2.5 stone prior to lockdown then idleness crept in . Let’s have a pudding after dinner came , then ooo we can now eat out after so long let’s go out and so on.
I love the pinch of nom books and bbc good food but I agree more veg and fruit was needed for me . SlimmingWorld works but I do find I’m not on the muller yogurt train this time a d quark ( I’d rather eat my slipper ! ) .
Good luck as well
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank you! If you did it before I'm sure you can do it again! I find that's the hardest is maintaining it! Tbh I totally get why you would rather eat your slipper 🤣 it does get a bit drab.

Our worst habit is takeaways. We get too tired to cook. It's terrible. I've always struggled with my weight but since having babies it's been up and down. I've never hit my pre baby weight. This time around I was determined aswell to not balloon on mat leave and I kept it off.. after DS was born 6 months ago I was the lightest id been since children...until I gained 10 pounds over christmas. It's been impossible to shift. I'm now 3 or 4 pounds off pre christmas weight and I really would like to be back to pre baby weight which was a healthy weight (BMI says I'm obese!). We will see if I can drop that low i guess but if I can then I have another stone to loose. This last stone is the stone that has never come off though 😭
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I’m also trying to shift a bit of weight. I’m not massively overweight for my height, but at the age of 26, I want to stop my weight gain now before it gets too out of hand.

I’ve found with me what works is to just reduce my calorie intake, eat smaller portions, don’t eat breakfast, don’t have a dessert after my evening meal etc.

People are all so different though and it’s what works for you.

Takeaways were our biggest downfall, we could have 2/3 a week! It’s not the calories, but also the cost that were an issue. Now we have a takeaway fortnightly and it’s much better.

I think you’ve definitely got to be in that mindset though, I’m in the place now where I want to change my lifestyle, I wouldn’t say I’m on a diet.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I don’t think I could skip breakfast , it’s a fine balance though with Calories .
Slimmingworld is just keeping me accountable as I tend to cheat otherwise.
Lockdown didn’t help as cake and biscuit became the norm 🥴
Hi Mexy - it sounds impossible having no breakfast at first - but think that the word breakfast is really two words conjoined : break fast
ie: it’s the meal that breaks your overnight fast - no rules to say that has to be as soon as you wake up.

Try eating lower carb foods (eg: instead of having rice with a curry, dry roast some cauliflower florets sprinkled with curry powder). It fills you up just as much if you have a load of it - and really low in calories. You’ll stay full for longer so you may find eating breakfast maybe an hour later much easier. The lower carbs and longer gaps between eating let insulin levels fall naturally so you won’t feel as hungry.

Hope that helps

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List