Notices

Old 2 Jan 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

A Holly Jolly Poly Christmas December 2021: Index

Here we are again at the start of Florida trip report number eight. This is obviously the first post-pandemic trip so like lots of other Dibbers, we’ve had a few false starts with this one. And I’m so happy that I’m finally able to write this.

Quick introductions for anyone who hasn’t read any of my previous reports (which are here by the way.)

We are:

Me, Michelle, a lot older than when I started writing these trip reports nine years ago when I was happy to put my age in trip reports
Favourite rides: Flight of Passage and Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
Most looking forward to: Seeing the parks decorated for Christmas for the first time and spending Christmas at WDW

Basically the only photos of me that exist from the past few years are either me acting silly or are extremely filtered so here's one of each:

[

DH, Mat, also significantly older than when we started going to Florida as a family
Favourite ride: He went with Big Thunder Mountain when I interviewed everyone on our family WhatsApp chat. I was as surprised as anyone, but he qualified it with how much fun we all have on it together
Most looking forward to: ‘It not being England’ (We haven’t left England besides a couple of trips to Edinburgh since before the pandemic)

One of my faves:

DD1, Seren, 15
Favourite rides: The Mummy, Peter Pan, Hagrid’s, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts and Small World (she really couldn’t narrow it down apparently as she’d feel bad for the rides she didn’t mention)
Most looking forward to: ‘Disney magic and Christmas decorations, having fun and riding Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway'

Seren is the biggest fan of my trip reports, she's been re-reading all the old ones in the run up to this trip and she has asked for two photos of her to be included as she couldn't decide which one she liked best.

DD2, Freya, 13
Favourite rides: Rip Ride Rockit and The Mummy
Most looking forward to: ‘Hotel beds’ (very random)

Special mention to the cool hairstyle she had this summer which unfortunately her headmistress didn't approve of which led to her dyeing it black:

Some random photos of us over the last 12 months:

In matching pyjamas last Christmas Eve:

In absence of foreign holidays this year we had holidays in London...

...and in Cornwall (where Mat's family live)...

Also Edinburgh as mentioned above (not pictured). This is back in London for my birthday a few weeks ago. Love a good hotel toilets' disco:

[

We’ve had 7 family trips to Florida since the girls were five and four. First trip 2012:

Mat and I got married at the Wedding Pavilion at Disney World in 2001 which was his first trip:

And I was lucky enough to grow up visiting Florida most summers in the first half of the 90s which is how my love for going to Florida started:

I know this one is 1995 as we took my best friend with us. The above two are late eighties / first half of the nineties:

Let's get into this trip:

Index:

Full Introduction and Pre-trip Report

Highs and Lows

Day 0: Travel to Gatwick

Day 1: Travel Day, Disney Springs and House of Blues

Day 2: Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios and Antojitos

Day 3: Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, The Cowfish and Hard Rock Cafe

Day 4: Checking into Polynesian Village, Christmas Day at Animal Kingdom, Tiffins, Disney Springs and Jaleo

Day 5: Magic Kingdom, Liberty Tree Tavern and Skipper Canteen

Edited at 01:51 PM.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Pre-travel day is now up .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Ah looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie 😁 I enjoyed following along on Insta!
Stacey
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading. Fab pics btw. We got married at the Pavilion in 2000!
Old 2 Mar 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Day 1 is now up .
Old 2 Mar 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
Ah looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie 😁 I enjoyed following along on Insta!
Stacey
Thank you Stacey and glad you enjoyed my insta spam .

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Looking forward to reading. Fab pics btw. We got married at the Pavilion in 2000!
Thanks so much. Oh wow, another Wedding Pavilion bride! .
Old 20 Jun 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Just posted day 3.
Old 8 Jan 23, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Day 4 is now up .