Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
thephantom
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 22
Location: Surrey
Phoning Disney

Is the advertised number : 0800 028 0778
The only way to get in touch ?
Trying to book a cabana for Typhoon Lagoon and gave up after 50 mins on hold.
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Yes I believe that all numbers now lead to the one central call centre in Tampa who are still very short staffed. There are a few news articles about it online.

When I tried to amend a resort stay in January, it took me about five attempts over a week or so as I was quoted waits of between one and three hours-ish each time I called.

Sometimes if youíre lucky it offers you a callback and I would take that option if you can. They then call you back at the end of the quoted wait time.

In the end I had the best luck calling when the call centre first opened on a Sunday morning. I figured first thing would be better as US customers are not yet up, but I also think they run on an even smaller staff before the US hours open.

I was quoted a ten minute wait which turned into about 45 or 50 before my call was answered but I was happy to finally get my issue sorted out.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
thephantom
Thread Starter
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 22
Location: Surrey
Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Yes I believe that all numbers now lead to the one central call centre in Tampa who are still very short staffed. There are a few news articles about it online.

When I tried to amend a resort stay in January, it took me about five attempts over a week or so as I was quoted waits of between one and three hours-ish each time I called.

Sometimes if youíre lucky it offers you a callback and I would take that option if you can. They then call you back at the end of the quoted wait time.

In the end I had the best luck calling when the call centre first opened on a Sunday morning. I figured first thing would be better as US customers are not yet up, but I also think they run on an even smaller staff before the US hours open.

I was quoted a ten minute wait which turned into about 45 or 50 before my call was answered but I was happy to finally get my issue sorted out.
thanks for the tip - will give it a go Sunday. No quoted times nor call back options sadly.
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
thanks for the tip - will give it a go Sunday. No quoted times nor call back options sadly.
You might get lucky next time, sometimes they indicate the wait time and sometimes offer a call back but sometimes nothing. Fingers crossed you get it sorted without too long a wait.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
thephantom
Thread Starter
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 22
Location: Surrey
After 90 mins tonight, spoke to someone who told me I had to ring the USA experiences line to book. Rang and it said 90 min wait so hung up, canít afford to do a 90 min call to the USA
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer
 
Stitch & Smudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Location: Central Scotland
Use this number first. Itís for a company called zip call. 0333 232 3232 As long as you have inclusive minutes itís free but call bang on opening to avoid a long queue.
Thanks to Mexy for the above information.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
coggie
Imagineer
 
coggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 07
Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
After 90 mins tonight, spoke to someone who told me I had to ring the USA experiences line to book. Rang and it said 90 min wait so hung up, canít afford to do a 90 min call to the USA
I used 0800 085 0582 yesterday and was able to book the fireworks cruise but they also asked if there was anything else I wanted to book
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
sophie1405
Apprentice Imagineer
 
sophie1405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08
I called them last week on that number it said 90 minutes wait I waited just under 20 minutes and was dealt with very quickly.
__________________
DLP: 1997, 2008, 2017
Orlando: 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017. 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
DLR: 2022

All Booked for 2022: DLR, WDW, DCL, USO (Roll on August 2022)
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
thephantom
Thread Starter
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 22
Location: Surrey
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I used 0800 085 0582 yesterday and was able to book the fireworks cruise but they also asked if there was anything else I wanted to book
thanks, that is a new number and seems to call the same place in the USA - current wait is 3hrs...
Got work to do but will dial tonight and sit back
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
thephantom
Thread Starter
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 22
Location: Surrey
2hr 27mins and cabana booked for third date choice !
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1766
CaxtonFX  $1.1792
Covent Garden FX  $1.1923
FAIRFX  $1.1833
John Lewis  $1.1767
M&S  $1.1578
Post Office  $1.1569
Sainsburys  $1.1736
TESCO  $1.1776
Travelex  $1.1746
Updated: 06:30 03/07/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1308
CaxtonFX  €1.1241
Covent Garden FX  €1.1453
FAIRFX  €1.1346
John Lewis  €1.1335
M&S  €1.1153
Post Office  €1.1145
Sainsburys  €1.1280
TESCO  €1.1323
Travelex  €1.1302
Updated: 06:30 03/07/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X