Notices

Old 2 Apr 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My husband and I havenít or at least to our knowledge. DS had it but was asymptomatic so Itís possible we had it without symptoms at some point over the last 2 years.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Most people I know hadnít had it until December or this year and now I can only think of a few people who havenít. Our household have all has it since December, my sisterís household the same, friends the same. Pretty much everyone I know was at least double vaccinated when they caught it.

My parents and DHís parents still havenít had it (touch wood) but they donít go to busy indoor places really at all anymore since the pandemic. And I know a few other people whoíve still managed to escape it.

Until December I couldnít believe how few people I knew whoíd had it. But pretty much everyone I know who have had it had a cold and felt rough for a few days, so pretty mild. The people I know who had delta seem to have suffered more than those of us who had omicron as expected (friends couldnít eat, work, concentrate or walk upstairs easily with delta.)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Myself, hubby and youngest son hasn't had it. Daughter and eldest son both had it at the start of this year, at different times (one didn't catch it from the other).

Only one person has had it in our workplace, despite being public facing and transporting children to school.

I personally know more people who haven't had it, than have had. But then rates have always been lower on Anglesey, for the most part with only a few surges.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR - I hope!
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
VIP Dibber

Me, DH & DS.

I have to test twice a week for work (NHS nurse), most of my colleagues have had it, been lucky so far.
AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs, SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV, PVB, VGF
DCL Magic & Dream
Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
slightly serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I canít say whether DH or I have had it as the only test weíve taken is the pre flight one for our recent trip to South Africa. The same with my in laws, FIL have never taken a test and MIL only when she was hospitalised in Feb 2021 (not covid related). Some friends have had it but the majority havenít.
Old 3 Apr 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Iím not going to comment on this thread then 😀
Seems I jinxed myself. Both DH and I tested positive this morning as he had a cough and sneezes. Both of us feel ok at the moment, heís coughing but I feel fine. Just hope it gets no worse
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
(Fingers crossed I don't jinx this) no I haven't had it, despite sitting in a crowded a&e waiting room with people not wearing masks or wearing incorrectly (even though security would tell them too), sitting on a crowded bus leaving the hospital one night (London premier football team ending - face to face packed in like sardines), I really thought I'd get it but it just goes to show how much protection wearing a correctly fitting FFP3 mask gives.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
VIP Dibber

In laws now both have it. We arenít sure if the baby does or not. A good friend from Uni messaged to say she has it too. Quite a lot of friends have had it now but probably an equal number who havenít. Family wise my sister seems to be naturally immune and hasnít caught it, and my Mum and her husband havenít had it yet
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Me and the kids havenít, or to our knowledge. That might change as my dh has it at the moment.
Trickytenrec is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Neither our daughter (immune compromised) or my dad (88 with asthma) have had it. DD works in a restaurant so is mingling with people all the time, dad is out and about several times a week. Both have had 4 vaccines and were extremely careful during the first year.
We've just returned from a 12 day cruise holiday (no masks) inc long haul flights (masks) and are both negative.
DCL Magic
BOOKED - Disney Wish, Gaylord Palm and WDW Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 01:20 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List