Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
I think they do; this maybe of help:

britishairways/en-gb...t-travel-ready
Thank you

Thats a different number from the one I had been trying but because its flight only that department is now closed

I will try again in the morning

Surely they cant make us stay here after day 10 ?

Our daughter didnt test negative until day 14/15 but could return to work on day 10 and now wouldnt have to stay off work at all if she was well enough to go in
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
What a shame Jo. I hope you are feeling better soon and get everything sorted.
Old 12 May 22, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Hopefully insurance pick up all the bills.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
I think they do; this maybe of help:

britishairways/en-gb...t-travel-ready
Thanks to that number I got up at 4.45am and finally managed to get through

We 100% have to have a negative test to fly home regardless of how far after the 10 days it is

I feel so cross

It really is going to push people into not admitting they have tested positive as I guess many from the UK will take their own Lfts and will test using those

DH is self employed and desperately needs to get back to work

He can accept that he needs to be here up to the 10 days as that's the US law and we chose to come here

But given that its a British Flight operator and there is no need to test at all to normally get on the plane it is ridiculous
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Wow, a bit harsh. The point surely was if we are living with it, why test?, which was a fair point I thought 🤷
No the point is not why test? The point was what to do when you know you have Covid. Thankfully the OP has enough sense to rearrange travel and not be irresponsible hanging around two airports and a plane for 9 hours whilst spreading covid.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
Thanks to that number I got up at 4.45am and finally managed to get through

We 100% have to have a negative test to fly home regardless of how far after the 10 days it is

I feel so cross

It really is going to push people into not admitting they have tested positive as I guess many from the UK will take their own Lfts and will test using those

DH is self employed and desperately needs to get back to work

He can accept that he needs to be here up to the 10 days as that's the US law and we chose to come here

But given that its a British Flight operator and there is no need to test at all to normally get on the plane it is ridiculous
I actually doubt many from the U.K. will be taking their own tests and using them I’m actually surprised that some are - why would they there is no requirement to test I don’t test here and nor does anyone else I know anymore and I certainly will not be taking tests on holiday.
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadot View Post
I actually doubt many from the U.K. will be taking their own tests and using them I’m actually surprised that some are - why would they there is no requirement to test I don’t test here and nor does anyone else I know anymore and I certainly will not be taking tests on holiday.
I agree, they'll be loads of people flying with Covid, not much point in testing it just creates problems for yourself
Might sound selfish but it's true
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
No the point is not why test? The point was what to do when you know you have Covid. Thankfully the OP has enough sense to rearrange travel and not be irresponsible hanging around two airports and a plane for 9 hours whilst spreading covid.
I think I said it was pretty obvious to me I had covid so was glad I had the tests with me

No way would I have wanted to put other at risks as my cough was soooo bad how could I possibly sat on that plane and not passed it onto someone

Just feels like the airlines are now penalising those who try to protect others including their staff

Yes I felt very unwell on the day we were due to travel home but had it been anything else I would have made it home somehow !?
Old 12 May 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

So sorry to hear of all your difficulties, I answered your query when you first posted and tbh I would not have told BA and would have been on that plane by hook or by crook- its not the law to test negative to return home but I guess BA have a duty of care to other passengers once you have alerted to them that you are positive. You have done the right thing morally but this will just stop people being honest moving forward. BA simply don't want other passengers being able to kick up a fuss/sue them about catching covid if they allowed someone they knew to be covid positive to fly. I really hope you get sorted and are able to fly home soon x
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyStarwars View Post
My mum caught it while we were there in February, we were staying on WDW resort, luckily the rest of us were negative so she stayed in her room and we bought her food and checked up on her, didn't tell the resort but ensured house keeping did not attend after that and she self isolated. Was still positive when we left 10 days later so kept contact to a minimum with others and masked up as much as possible to protect others. Hope you get well soon.
Shouldn’t you have told them and that room should not have been used for a set number of days after
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List