Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 May 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Exclamation Buying MNSSHP & MVMCP Tickets with VPN Guide

Hopefully this helps and few people who have been struggling with buying tickets or new to VPN's

I use a paid version of Windscribe VPN, But they have a free one: Windscribe website Other VPN's are available.

First off select the location you want to use. For Disney use a US one.

Press the on button.

Once it connects the button goes green.

Navigate to this Disney URL in your browser: disneyworld.disney.go/tickets/events/

Page should look like below. With the events. If your VPN is not connected it will take you to the UK home page.

Note MNSSHP will not show as available.

Press login at the top.

Login with your MDE account info.

When you login it will default you back to the home page so use:disneyworld.disney.go/tickets/events/

Now MNSSHP will show as available if you are a resort guest during the party dates. Press on the price

You will now be able to see the dates available to you and make your selection and press add to cart on the bottom right.

The cart will show you the selection you have made. If everything is right press checkout

You now assign the tickets to your party and press next

Delivery is only by email. Will be added to MDE.

Enter your payment method. It defaults to saved card in MDE but can pay with PayPal, Disney gift card for example.

Use a fee free card. Like Chase,Starling, Halifax Clarity if you have one

Press next at the bottom and then (it might ask you to press pay I cant remember.) Boom your the proud ticket holder for MNSSHP !

Edited at 11:58 AM.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Excellent guide. I was going to do the same myself but you beat me to it!
I navigated from the MDE app to my browser on my iPhone. Searched on the app for the event and followed the links from there. Worked pretty seamlessly. Took 5 hours to approve and show tickets on the app but all booked… 😁
Old 12 May 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Thank you for these instructions, very helpful and I got the tickets I wanted!
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for this. Followed it and have now booked our tickets for 23 August, yay!
derenstar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the guide. Very useful. Also used a free VPN and bought our tickets for the 30th August in under 10 mins. Instantly got the email notification and when I returned to the UK MDE the tickets were sat there for my dates already linked... very pleased!
Troyston is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

Hi I am very worried about using VPN I know it’s legal but I worry about the Exchange rate charge also will the tickets be there on my app which I’m concerned about I don’t want to go on the night and They say no sorry they’re not valid just a bit nervous about it all I’ve been on and I get as far as putting them in the basket and then a back off not sure what to do try and do it through the telephone or use this VPN thank you ☺️
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RUMBY View Post
Hi I am very worried about using VPN I know it’s legal but I worry about the Exchange rate charge also will the tickets be there on my app which I’m concerned about I don’t want to go on the night and They say no sorry they’re not valid just a bit nervous about it all I’ve been on and I get as far as putting them in the basket and then a back off not sure what to do try and do it through the telephone or use this VPN thank you ☺️
Absolutely nothing wrong with a vpn, tickets are perfectly valid and they’ll be connected to your stay and on your mde app.
They’ve not done this because they don’t want us in the U.K. to book them, it’s been a pandemic thing and they just haven’t changed it.
Exchange rate charge can’t be helped unless you have a card that doesn’t charge it, it’s not much even if they do.
You can call but you’ll likely be on hold for a couple of hours.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with a vpn, tickets are perfectly valid and they’ll be connected to your stay and on your mde app.
They’ve not done this because they don’t want us in the U.K. to book them, it’s been a pandemic thing and they just haven’t changed it.
Exchange rate charge can’t be helped unless you have a card that doesn’t charge it, it’s not much even if they do.
You can call but you’ll likely be on hold for a couple of hours.
if you call you get put through to US sales so will still have the exchange rate issue.

Lots of fee free banks like starling and chase can be opened in minutes if you need a few free card.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

I’ve never had issues using a VPN but I did just want to say thank you to the OP for doing an extensive guide to help others
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Thanks for doing this. I felt like I was on some sort of not very fun scavenger hunt yesterday, beginning at 6.20 am when I knew tickets were available from people commenting on a US forum but couldn’t get it to work myself but kept going round the houses.

As usual I found myself here for assistance where some fab Dibbers explained the problem and helped me get set up with a VPN which in itself wasn’t very straightforward as my iPad and laptop kept blocking access to it.

Two hours and 15 minutes after first attempting to get the tickets I finally placed my order….and then there was the fun five and a half hour wait for my order to go from ‘processing’ to ‘confirmed’ which most of us experienced 🤣.

I said this a few times yesterday but I really don’t understand why Disney made online booking available on the US site only, since the eligibility requirement was a resort reservation which plenty of international visitors have.

Really thankful that The Dibb is so helpful with stuff like this as I don’t think many of us fancied that multiple hour wait on hold to book on the phone.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List