Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 May 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with a vpn, tickets are perfectly valid and theyíll be connected to your stay and on your mde app.
Theyíve not done this because they donít want us in the U.K. to book them, itís been a pandemic thing and they just havenít changed it.
Exchange rate charge canít be helped unless you have a card that doesnít charge it, itís not much even if they do.
You can call but youíll likely be on hold for a couple of hours.
Oh I see so itís like when only US visitors were able to book Saviís and buy magic bands and stuff, no point allowing other people to book if they canít access the country as I guess it leads to more admin trying to give refunds etc.

To be fair, borders have been open for more than six months so the IT department should probably get on it now .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Oh I see so itís like when only US visitors were able to book Saviís and buy magic bands and stuff, no point allowing other people to book if they canít access the country as I guess it leads to more admin trying to give refunds etc.

To be fair, borders have been open for more than six months so the IT department should probably get on it now .
They say there isnít a geo block. Whatever you say. 🙄
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post

Well.. you know what Disney IT is like 🙄
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RescueRangers View Post
if you call you get put through to US sales so will still have the exchange rate issue.

Lots of fee free banks like starling and chase can be opened in minutes if you need a few free card.
That wasnít what I meant, I was replying to the poster saying should she try again via vpn or call, not about the exchange rate as like I said, you pay a charge regardless unless you have a fee free card.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I tried to pay using my Fairfx card as got6 lots on there so thought why not but it just keeps declining it

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
I tried to pay using my Fairfx card as got6 lots on there so thought why not but it just keeps declining it
Is this on a mobile or Desktop

I had issues getting a payment to work via saved card on MDE on mobile. But worked first time on Desktop
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
It was on my laptop 🥲

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Have tried using my phone too but same issue 🥲

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Old 14 May 22, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

We downloaded a VPM linked to Google chrome but can't get it to work resorted to phoning. We want to go before the prices rise in September and we had two dates we could do this.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Roses View Post
We downloaded a VPM linked to Google chrome but can't get it to work resorted to phoning. We want to go before the prices rise in September and we had two dates we could do this.
Could that be a security type one though, rather than one that makes you look like youíre in the US?
Try via TunnelBear, itís free and really easy to use.

Edited at 09:06 AM.