Old 10 May 22, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

Monday 9th May 2022 - Epcot
Day 8

I woke up and and looked at my watch through blurred eyes and thought it said 5 something. The a/c had kicked in and was making an absolute racket. It finally cut out again and I decided I might as well go to the loo. Looked at the watch properly and it was 1.12! Thought I might have had a message from m and d to say they were on the way to the airport. I messaged them and they were on the m25.

I was still awake at 3 but must have eventually dozed off as I then struggled to wake up once the alarm went off at 6.30.

Phoe and I headed down to breakfast for a quick drink and a muffin. Jas was going to meet us at the car at 7.45. I quickly stopped at reception to ask to towels and toilet paper and to ask if mum and dads room could be close to ours. Just as we’re leaving we hear from m and d that they have boarded and are switching to flight mode

I asked Phoebe if she wanted to drive home today and she said she’d drive there. Aaaghhh I’m not prepared. I get in the back as the front would be too much for me to cope with. I keep my head down and type up my notes.

We’re in the park for rope drop and head straight for test track. We enter the line at 8.31 and it’s posted as a 35 min wait. We literally step through the entrance when Phoebe says we should have gone straight to Remy - I had totally forgotten about this. Last night I even said there’s nothing new for us at this one! It’s already 50 mins so will just have to suck it up

We’re on in 20 mins after a technical delay.
We head straight to mission space which is next door and posted as 5 mins. We see that they have cast members posted at the entrance to Guardians of the Galaxy - they are going soft opening for certain guests, it was club 33 the other day.
We enter the line for mission space station at 9.07. We’re off and entering spaceship earth line at 9.31 for a 15 min wait but we’ve got bums in seats at 9.33. After this we’re going to head for the land to do Soaring, living with the land and nemo and will then queue for remy whatever the wait

We’re entering nemo at 9.57 and it’s a walk on. Quick restroom stop and we power round to the Land. Soaring is now 40 mins and we enter the queue at 10.16. We’ve done 4 rides in and hour and 45 minutes which I’m thinking is not too bad. We are at the boarding lanes after 16 minutes! It still said 40 minutes when we got off so Disney are definitely over inflating some things to encourage the purchase of lightning lanes

We head straight for living with the land as it’s only a 5 min wait. We enter at 10.47. The girls hate this ride but it’s tradition that we ride. Jas took a little nap.
This the first line where we’ve seen screens added. It’s exactly 5 minutes until we’re sitting on the boat

We walk round to world showcase and towards France for Remy’s Ratatouille adventure. We join the line at 11.27 and it’s posted as a 55 minute wait. We’re on in 45. This is a lovely little ride, very cleverly done. Phoebe says it’s exactly the same as the Disney land Paris one though.
The girls are both hungry now so Phoe gets a chocolate spread crepe and Jas wants something from the new connections dining place all the way over the other side of the park - she claims she’s being starved even though she’s had 2 tuna rolls and a bag of party rings. As we make our way back we see that the frozen ride is now 90 minutes so head straight for Mexico and the 3 callaberos ride. We finally make it up connections and the ordering line is carnage. There must be some hold up with getting the orders out as the collection point is crammed and not moving. After 10 minutes people finally start to get their orders. It’s all looking very nice and new and is good to see that they are being much more sustainable - real cutlery instead of plastic and actual crockery. The only downside to this is you have to queue to put everything in the right place when you’ve finished instead of just tipping your tray contents in the trash. The food looked good as well - Jas demolished her burger in seconds.

Frozen was still 90 minutes so we decided the plan later in the week will be to repeat today exactly but do Frozen instead of Remy and ride Remy later. We then went and rode Figment as it was only 5 minutes and this meant we had pretty much done everything except Frozen.

Phoe then went into the new shop creations (used to be mouse gear) while I went back to a good cart near test track and got the avocado toast and cinnamon bites.
I then went into to the shop to find Phoebe talking to her friend Sarah and boyfriend Reece. Had a little catch up with them. Jas and I then went to get a Mickey bar while Phoebe paid for her goods. We then headed for the car and a short trip back to the hotel.

We went out to the pool area to camp out and wait for mum and dad to arrive. It’s also the manager’s special evening tonight from 5.30 so will see what delights they have - it was bbq chicken, flour tortillas and tortilla shells, peppers, onions, cheese, sour cream, hot queso, coleslaw, beer and sangria. Very nice. Although Jas doesn’t really eat that.

It’s now 18.16 and they landed at 16.26 and we haven’t heard anything from them yet. Starting to get a bit concerned. 18.40 and Jas suddenly points in the opposite direction to where we are looking - they’d only gone and driven in another entrance!

They get checked in and are in the suite next door. We take in the water, food etc that we’ve bought ready for them so they don’t have to go out tonight to get anything. We have a quick chat and then leave them to get settled.

I’m hoping to sleep better tonight so am in bed by 9 as the newbies will be up early in the morning.

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 8 -

I wake up at half 5 needed a wee and then struggle to get back to sleep until I get up at 7am. My back as started to peel, it’s not painful at all now which is good but it looks pretty grim! I actually have to ask mum to scrub it with a scrubby wash thing 🤣the black denim shorts I thought I’d packed haven’t turned up so I’ve had to borrow a pair of mums black cycling shorts and they are v comfy! Mum and I head down to breakfast and I have a cranberry juice and a muffin. We meet Jas outside the car and set off to Epcot and I’m driving! The only two incidents we have is where mum told me it was clear to my right, it was not and we would have died. And the second was Jas telling me to go right to park when I was heading left and we then had to awkwardly move back to the left after the cast member confirmed I was right.

Parked up at 8:15 and through the gates and straight to Test Track. Jas is looking up the time and said everyone else must be heading to Frozen or Remy. At this point we’re like why are we here? Why aren’t we at Remy? What are we doing!?! I then catch up with mum and she’s completely forgotten about the new ride! We’re in the queue for the next part of the ride and mum says this won’t be 35 mins, both Jas and I said we’re not there yet! There could be delays etc. and next this we know, there’s delays! We get through to the bit where you design your car but our screen didn’t work so Jas was miffed!

On the ride and of course again I’m not paying attention and the photo is horrendous! I have 50 chins and I’m not even lying! After this we head to Mission Space as it’s a 10 min wait. We pick the green side and it’s a walk on! After this we head back to Spaceship Earth which was a 15 min wait but was also a walk on! Then we decided we’d head to Nemo, Soarin and Living with the Land and then once we’d done these three, we’d then walk round the world and go on Frozen and Remy as and when we get there. Nemo was another walk on and a quick restroom stop and then we’re onto Soarin which shows as a 40 min wait. We’re on in within 16 mins and off within 28! Next up is living with the land and for once this isn’t a walk on! Only a few minutes but we’re then on.

After this we walk over to Remy which shows a 55 min wait. Someone comments on my shoes on the way and asked where I’d got them from and if they did them for kids too. We’re on in 45 and it’s as good as the Paris one and mum loves it. As we get off I start to feel funny and weak again and in need of urgent sugar. We quickly stop for a photopass pic at the fountain and then I get a chocolate spread crepe which was delish. Mum said after that I didn’t save her a bit but I needed the sugar! At this point Jas is having a strop because she’s hungry and declares she now needs three rolls to be packed for her because she’s being starved. We point out she has her own lunchbox in her bag off snacks and she said crisps don’t count as a snack. We spot some more Gdog lookalikes and plan to find something for Jas to eat. She doesn’t want to entertain anything on the menus throughout the world and now isn’t wanting to eat anything and goes to queue for Frozen but it’s 90 mins so we sack that off. We then get to Mexico and I think we’ll she’s said she’s not hungry so let’s go on the Three Callaberos! We do this and it’s another slow walk on.

We then go to the new Connections restaurant and I go ahead as I need a wee and say to mum, I’ll meet you in there. I come out and walk to the restaurant but there’s no mum or Jas in sight!? As I text her to say where are you she texts me to say where are you. I say I’m on Connections and she says she’s outside the toilets!? Obvs we got confused so I say come to the queue as I’m near it and go past Starbucks. She ends up asking where abouts in the line I am for Starbucks so still we’re not getting anywhere! Finally reunited and I go to find a table and they take a decade to come back with a burger and fries!

The wait for Frozen is now 95 mins so we totally sack that off and go to do Figment instead and then we’ve completed all bar one ride in that park! Figment is another walk on. Once we’re off this I head to the shops and mum and Jas head to get some snack she’s seen.
Vera Bradley released a Little Mermaid collection a few months ago and I’d seen a few bits on the ship but didn’t fall in love with them so steered clear. But today, I saw a new piece of merch, a Vera Bradley, Little Mermaid Blanket! Obvs I purchased it. A. It’s The Little Mermaid, B. It’s something I don’t have and C. I keep saying I’m cold and want my blanket. A quick catch up with Sarah and Reece to hear about their trip and future plans etc 💛 Mums ordered some cinnamon rolls which were delish.

We then call it a day and pick up a Mickey bar and a Pink Drink from Starbucks and head back to the car ready for our new arrivals!
Back home at 4:15 and we’re sat out by the pool and waiting! It’s been two hours and we’ve not heard a word from them! The plane landed at 4:26 but no word from them yet and this is an anxious wait. Will they text to stay they're now heading to the car or are they going to turn up unannounced?

We’ve had some snacks from the managers special and Jas comes down to wait for them to arrive. At about half 6 Jas suddenly points over towards the hotel entrance and we see Nanny strolling towards us and Grandad just appearing from the side of the car! We all jump up and quickly grab our stuff and go over and are all saying why didn’t you connect to the wifi etc and let us know you’re on your way!

They also had an extra passenger 🥰😍

Now let me tell you, trying to get someone booked to come out to the US who’s never been before was stressful AF! Trying to get an esta done and authorised, a flight booked, time off work, park tickets booked and days matched up with our days, which they didn’t at the start and to try and navigate all of this when you’re already in the US and about to board a ship with no outside world connection and all sorted within a week, it’s not an easy task 🤣 but we made it!

We then check in Nanny & Gdog and all go up the rooms and quickly dump the cases and head back down to the managers special. Gdog picks up a taco and we come back up to our room to eat it. Connor and I then walk over to 7/11 and CVS to see if he fancies anything for dinner but we end up walking back empty handed and and ordering a burger and curly fries on Uber Eats!

Another early night and in bed by 9pm ready for the others to be up at stupid o’clock!

Number of times I’ve tripped today! - 6
Number of additional guests - 3
Number of cheese strings eaten - 2

See you in the AM kids
Old 10 May 22, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Such a good day with rides and food

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Another great day
Glad they arrived all ok
🇺🇸🥰

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love your extra passenger…. That’s lovely 🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List