Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 May 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I must be the only person not bothered about housekeeping. I don't really like people going into my room when I'm not there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not great at CSR either.
On our 5th day now bin emptied clean towels once once beds not touched and I’ve had to phone twice for coffee and milk.
We were at Universal for 10 days and our room was cleaned every day.
Old 14 May 22, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jentill
Imagineer

jentill's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I agree, that I’m not really happy about no daily clean. I’d rather be asked to pay a little extra and get the room cleaned. It also worries me overall that the rooms are not being kept clean, over time they will just become dirtier. However, I thought we could phone at anypoint and ask for fresh towels, bins emptied and toilet paper etc?
jentill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I must be the only person not bothered about housekeeping. I don't really like people going into my room when I'm not there.
I agree it’s hardly the end of the world, it doesn’t take two minutes to make a bed for instance , all you need to do is call to get new towels and toiletries
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

We're the same. I declined housekeeping so they weren't going into the room.

We just caught the maid as she was passing by with the cart a few times and got clean towels and coffee etc. Or you can call and ask for what you need.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I agree it’s hardly the end of the world, it doesn’t take two minutes to make a bed for instance , all you need to do is call to get new towels and toiletries
When I have paid £600 a night for a hotel room as I just have, there are some basic standards I expect. That includes having my bins emptied, my towels and toiletries replenished without my having to make phone calls (have you tried calling from a Disney hotel phone lately by the way, because I have and you can be on hold for 30-60 minutes before they pick up) and yes, my bed made.

I think the room should be returned to the same basic state each day (other than I don’t need clean sheets every day) seeing as I have paid the same daily rate.

I also very much have an issue with this on principle. Disney are blaming covid for reduced standards, whereas nobody else is having this problem, it is just more penny pinching.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I can straighten my own bed.
I'm happy to reuse a towel.
I do however expect my trash to be removed without having to take time out of an evening to ring and request it.
If Universal can manage full service every day (for a cheaper price) I'm sure Disney should be able to empty a bin.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

We’ve just checked out of CBR after 2 weeks. They came every other day to change towels and empty trash. We had one full clean after about 10 days. We called for more coffee etc and to empty the trash one additional time.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Not the only one, BUT I do feel the price should be adjusted. For instance when used to be able to opt out and get a gift card. It's not ok to charge the higher rate and not provide the service. I would happily opt out for reduced rate.
Old 14 May 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I never get housekeeping when I'm in a PI or Ibis for a few nights and it wouldn't be the end of the world in a valur hotel but for £600 a night or the even higher rates I have seen for the Grand Flo and Poly, (I've seen the GF as high as $1,500 per night! ) I would want to be tucked in and fanned all night with a palm leaf! In all seriousness, the level of service I have received any time I have paid north of £500 for a non-Disney hotel has been so personalised and faultless that I already find the service provided on Disney property at that price point to be lackluster. Failing to provide even basic housekeeping at $800-1,500 properties is completely inexcusable in my opinion and I would imagine that the GM of the Four Seasons rubs his hands together in glee when he hears these stories.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List