Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 May 22, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fab update. Your burger sounds lovely.

How did you manage at dc? I’m assuming the Cesar salad was yours? I’m a bit worried about the lack of low carb at breakfast as I awkwardly don’t eat eggs but I thought the lunch menu looked ok.
Glad to see you posting again, hope you are ok.
Old 15 May 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Looks delicious
It was really nice x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great day at DC. And I'm so please you were reunited with your lovely burger!
Ahh it was 110% worth the weight, I was determined to squeeze another one in on this trip too

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
DC is always a good day. All the food looks good.
It really is such a lovely relaxing day, I probably spent most the time on the sun lounger reading my book but I was happy with that x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Fab update. Your burger sounds lovely.

How did you manage at dc? I’m assuming the Cesar salad was yours? I’m a bit worried about the lack of low carb at breakfast as I awkwardly don’t eat eggs but I thought the lunch menu looked ok.
Glad to see you posting again, hope you are ok.
It really is such a tasty burger, you could have it without the bun but I was just being greedy haha.

DC wasn't too bad, I managed a bit of egg, I wasn't keen on the sausage, but I'm fussy with sausages, I had a granola pot too which was lovely but I know that will be quite high in carbs. There are yoghurts and lots of fruit options too.

Yeah the caesar salad was mine, I did try a bite of the burger and it was ok but then I took the meat out and ate that instead of the bun.

I am thank you, recovering really well X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Just binge read your report. Great insight into off site food. Thanks for sharing x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just caught up with the last couple of days
Lots of lovely food , we have never done DC but it’s nice to see other folks experience there
Oh to have some Olive Garden bread / salad right now
Thanks for sharing Kelly x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Just binge read your report. Great insight into off site food. Thanks for sharing x
You're welcome, I hope it helped a little x

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Just caught up with the last couple of days
Lots of lovely food , we have never done DC but it’s nice to see other folks experience there
Oh to have some Olive Garden bread / salad right now
Thanks for sharing Kelly x
You're welcome, we love DC but it also helps that the food is pretty nice too. Olive Garden is also really nice and a good off offsite option too x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 13 - Villa Breakfast, Snacking and Eating Around Magic Kingdom, Chick-Fil-A

Day 13 - Villa Breakfast, Snacking and Eating Around Magic Kingdom, Chick-Fil-A

So breakfast in the villa after a lazy morning. No pics as it’s just the same as usual

We headed off to MK and refilled our popcorn bucket as we entered for around $2.30

Snack

Back in 2018 we tried the cheeseburger spring rolls with our snack credits but I didn’t rate them at all. We decided to give them a try again, this time mixing it up with 1 cheeseburger spring roll and a pastrami spring roll too! We both loved the cheeseburger spring roll, I was gutted we didn’t get a portion each Chris preferred the pastrami one, but I wasn’t too keen on that one. They are expensive for what they are but definitely a nice treat!

This was $9.50

I was desperate to try the I Lava You Float and Chris was a little peckish so we got the pot stickers for him to try too. We absolutely loved the float and Chris enjoyed the pot stickers too.

This was $15.20

Dinner

I pre-orded on the app, good thing I did as when we arrived we would have had to wait and pre-order was showing as an hour later!

I wanted to try the Pinocchio Village Haus 1971 Meal which consists of All-Meat Flatbread, Garlic Knots, Fountain Beverage and a 50th Anniversary themed Cake Pop, sadly it didn’t come with garlic knots, came with breadsticks instead which I was a little disappointed. I also ordered a chicken Caesar salad. It was at this point we realised Chris has left the kids lunches in the fridge, this was the first time he’d made the kids lunches, he popped them in the fridge when he’d made them in the morning but forget to add them to the lunch bag luckily we had a stack of snacks (crackers, biscuits, crisps etc in the bag to keep Noah set for a while) Caitlin and Thomas dug into the flatbread, breadsticks and chicken. We all really enjoyed it.

This was $33.01

Caitlin and I dropped Chris and the boys at the villa, they had their food and then went in the pool and we popped to Publix for some bits we were running out of (bacon, milk etc) on the way back we popped into Chick-Fil-A and got a Deluxe Chicken Burger meal for Chris and I to share (Caitlin wanted her wrap when she got back) I don’t have a pic of this as I almost inhaled my half as usual we did enjoy it and it was our last Chick-Fil-A of the trip

This was $9.02

Day 13 Total: $66.73
Total So Far: $1,214.94
Budget: $345.06 under budget

Edited at 11:57 AM.
Old 29 May 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great food day Kelly !
Those pot stickers look good 😊
Typical that the lunches were left in the fridge , I often did that on days out when ours were little
Thanks xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Loving your food trippee!
You mentioned you had a list of snacks that you had made to try - would you be willing to share - I'm trying to make a list but there's so much I don't know about!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Another great food day Kelly !
Those pot stickers look good 😊
Typical that the lunches were left in the fridge , I often did that on days out when ours were little
Thanks xx
I'm not a pork fan at all but Chris did say they were really nice and a lot more filling than he thought!

I'm glad it's not just us, Chris decided that was his cue not to make lunches anymore x

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Loving your food trippee!
You mentioned you had a list of snacks that you had made to try - would you be willing to share - I'm trying to make a list but there's so much I don't know about!
Thank you, yes of course I just made them on excel, I posted pics in my pre-trip report I'll see if I can find them again for you.

Some of them may be outdated now but hope they help x
Old 29 May 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm not a pork fan at all but Chris did say they were really nice and a lot more filling than he thought!

I'm glad it's not just us, Chris decided that was his cue not to make lunches anymore x

Thank you, yes of course I just made them on excel, I posted pics in my pre-trip report I'll see if I can find them again for you.

Some of them may be outdated now but hope they help x
Amazing! thanks so much! x:
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List