Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Feb 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Ooh Helen, we love chicken and corn soup! I just sweat off onion, carrots, celery and dried Italian herbs, then add loads of chicken stock (you could also use vegetable stock). I pop raw chicken breasts into the stock and then slowly poach them. Once they are cooked through I shred them and then add a tin or two of creamed corn. You can also add noodles just before serving. Sooo simple and easy. If they share their recipe with you, I would love to know it! 😁

Edited to add: I pre cook my noodles and add them at the end. Also salt and pepper to taste!
I’m going to be trying this Michelle, minus the celery 🤢 can I use leeks instead ? XX
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’ll give it a go! I broke the base of the jug on my kmix blender last week and the spare will take weeks. I’d been looking for an excuse for a new one so I’ve just bought a lovely pink kitchen aid! Sweetcorn will be the first thing I blend! I’ve got a few tins of creamed left but I’ll save them for when I’m short on time
Ooh a pink Kitchen Aid 🥰 I really wish I’d of been brave enough to buy a bold colour rather than playing it safe with a chrome/grey one 😂
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Made it today and it was really delicious! Even my youngest son (18) who is a chef approved! Easy and very tasty, will definitely make this one again.
This looks so good 😊
Old 7 Feb 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I’m going to be trying this Michelle, minus the celery 🤢 can I use leeks instead ? XX
Emma, you can absolutely leave out the celery. Leeks are a great addition, if you are feeling a bit wild you could throw in some thawed peas at the end too! It is a super adaptable soup. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Ooh a pink Kitchen Aid 🥰 I really wish I’d of been brave enough to buy a bold colour rather than playing it safe with a chrome/grey one 😂
It’s gorgeous, like a pearlescent baby pink. I kept looking at the raspberry ice one a few years ago but didn’t get it and always regretted it!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Nuff
Being a bit Goofy

Gryff, did you ever get the recipe - if so, would you share it?
Fairy Nuff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i eat chicken and sweetcorn soup regularly.

protip. crack an egg in it at the end, leave it to set for a few seconds before whisking it in
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Here it is
Chicken stock ( you can use a stock cube etc ) but as chicken features a couple of chicken thighs or a chicken carcass ( un stuffed ) boiled up cooled and refrigerate the stock over night skim the fat off and pick the chicken carcass clean
A tin of creamed corn
Diced carrot sweet white onion ( at a push you can use yellow / brown onion )
Diced carrot
Now you can use any pasta and the chicken or make chicken pasta parcels which is what it was and I now use diced garlic or powdered garlic

Bring everything but the chicken past parcels to the boil ( if using the chicken out of parcels add it ) when it comes to the boil taste season add the pasta / parcels when they rise it’s done
The creamed corn is the key a IS THE SEASONING
I made a pot yesterday it was-gone in minutes just don’t use rubbish chicken stock you can buy fresh pasta sheets and make the chicken ravioli type things
( oh the chicken ravioli parcels are amazing warm with jar bought pesto sauce mixed in
It’s simple you just make it to your taste and don’t fancy it up according to our neighbour mum and she’s right
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It was freezing here the other day we’d had roast chicken so I picked the carcass clean boiled up the bones cooled it skimed the fat off and made the soup I’d the time so made my own chicken pasta parcels I’d a few potatoes that needed used up so they went in as well
Dh droppingbthe kids off going to work took a big micro soup mug away DS 2 been called out a power line down the truck stays at ours a flask of it and a red lobster biscuit
DS3 lives with us he and gds had the rest for lunch when I was out they all had the cheek to complain I’d not seasoned it enough for take out i flipping know that but=you should have tasted it as you packed it but you normally do that yes but I was out at the time
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I made this today for lunch. OH has covid and v sore throat. He loved it!
Thanks for sharing. 😊
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List