Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 22, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Feb 1981 intake
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

October 1977 intake. Trained as RMN at Cane Hill Hospital. Further trained as Registered General Nurse. Both my parents were charge nurses, my husband was also a nurse and both my daughter's are qualified nurses.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My sis, 74 in a few weeks is still working in the NHS after joining as a cadet nurse aged 16. Her grand daughter, aged 23 is now a fully qualified Paramedic on the ambulances in Manchester and has worked through all the Pandemic. However now strongly considering leaving as in the last 3 weeks she has had upsetting incidents including a knife and machete attempted attack, threatened by a man with a gun and has spent a night in hospital after having suspected acid thrown at her. ‘Clapping for the NHS’ was a total PR exercise designed to make the public feel better.
Your sister's granddaughter should think about primary care. Paramedics have great assessment skills which helps hugely with both ?admission and respiratory house calls and also need little additional training to run a minor injuries / ailments clinic. Ultimately, with a bit of support and training, they can work at quite an impressive clinical level within a GP practice.

If she's interested I would suggest finding out who the clinical directors of the local PCNs are and dropping them an email, they would probably have her arm off as "Community Paramedic" is one of the ARRS roles they are trying to recruit into.
Old 16 May 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks, I think that’s what she’s looking into as she has done part time hours at a GP practice doing vaccinations etc during covid. She was hoping to do a few years more on the emergency ambulances first though.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not a nurse but just wanted to say "Thank You" to all NHS staff. Your all amazing and I appreciate everything you do. Muchas gracias amigos