Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 May 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Priority pass through Amex?

Can anyone just explain how I use this please, I've had one for years but we usually have a lounge with our flights so have never actually used it.

I can see on the website that I can pre-book a lounge for £6pp, but I can't find the leaflet that tells me exactly what it entitles me to / how many people / how many time I can book and can't find that info on the website.

Thank you

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a priority pass which I get free with my Amex. You show your card at the door, they swipe it and and let you in. Occasionally a lounge may be at capacity and they can’t accommodate you. Set up the priority pass app on your phone and that will tell you which lounges are included, opening hours and their policies (some allow free guests, some won’t accept children etc)
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Just to add there are different levels of PP which give different benefits so make sure you check beforehand. I get prestige with my Amex but not sure if they are all the same
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you, I've pre booked one for tomorrow - as figured they may well be busy - but the app's not really telling me anything. My membership card just says Priority pass on it, so I assume it's the basic membership - it was free with Amex gold.

We'll just rock up and pay what they tell us we need to pay!

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Another thing to mention, some Amex cards now include fast track security and airport transfers when you book through them regardless of class of travel. Big changes came in last month with lots of new stuff
Old 20 May 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thank you, I've pre booked one for tomorrow - as figured they may well be busy - but the app's not really telling me anything. My membership card just says Priority pass on it, so I assume it's the basic membership - it was free with Amex gold.

Yes I think that may be the standard where you get a discount x
Old 20 May 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Another thing to mention, some Amex cards now include fast track security and airport transfers when you book through them regardless of class of travel. Big changes came in last month with lots of new stuff
Yes just spotted it says fast track security, that's a very nice little bonus Thank you.

Old 20 May 22, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
johnykp
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi, where did it let you pre-book? I cant seem to see it anywhere. Thanks
johnykp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnykp View Post
Hi, where did it let you pre-book? I cant seem to see it anywhere. Thanks
It was after I’d picked the lounge on the Priority pass website, I think it took me through to the No.1 lounge website - may be different for each lounge?

I’m glad we did book, we’re here now & the full sign is up so we wouldn’t have got in without booking.

Didn’t get charged anything so I guess I get at least 2 entrances a year.

Old 21 May 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

It was after I’d picked the lounge on the Priority pass website, I think it took me through to the No.1 lounge website - may be different for each lounge?

I’m glad we did book, we’re here now & the full sign is up so we wouldn’t have got in without booking.

Didn’t get charged anything so I guess I get at least 2 entrances a year.
It's 2 free entrances for the gold preferred rewards card.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List