Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 May 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

On our last trip, in 2019, two rides broke down. The first was manta at sea world right at the end, thankfully! Although we were hanging for 45 minutes! The operators came with water but it's implosion lento drink when face down!

The second was Hagrid ride, where we broke down under the drop - the track had raised. Everyone was fraught as the ride was making noises like it was still running and we were worried the track might lower on us 🥹🥹🥹🥹
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Had a quick a google and it seems the fire department will be called to help evacuate guests who are unable to leave themselves due to mobility issues.
I was also thinking it would be less embarrassing for their guests if perhaps they simply had an independently controlled/piloted boat that could be driven by a regular cast member up alongside the ride boat... perhaps with an extendable ramp? They could be driven right up to the regular disembarkation point safely.

I'm not thinking of rides like Expedition Everest for our situation, as I'm sure grandmother would not be up to riding anything more thrilling than PoC.
Old 24 May 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunshines View Post
I was also thinking it would be less embarrassing for their guests if perhaps they simply had an independently controlled/piloted boat that could be driven by a regular cast member up alongside the ride boat... perhaps with an extendable ramp? They could be driven right up to the regular disembarkation point safely.

I'm not thinking of rides like Expedition Everest for our situation, as I'm sure grandmother would not be up to riding anything more thrilling than PoC.
I would imagine it’s all to do with liability. A fireman would be much more able to help someone out of an awkward position that a CM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
.we had to be evacuated from the people mover last week and it was very straightforward I said to the CM how glad I was that it wasn’t Splash Mountain.
Space Mountain also went down at the same time and I was so relieved we weren’t on that.
On the plus side we did walk through a small area of Tron but couldn’t see anything
Old 25 May 22, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Seems Disney sacked a lot of their rider tech support along with everyone else when the parks closed and have struggled to get them back. Loads of little bits of its a small world not working and the water cannons at the wee train outside barnstormer not working either.

Disney saving a fortune just now not staffing properly and rides closing for longer and more often.

We have found every morning at least one big ride is down, a ploy to push folk into genie? Same st the end of the day, clears a long queue so the park can close earlier.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

It is noticeable at the moment for sure, today splash was down a good while and I noticed pirates was at the same time and people mover at another

Mickey and Minnie and ROTR seem to be down as much as not

I think some rides may be in need of proper maintenance but they are avoiding extended closures to the detriment of the rides
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Seems Disney sacked a lot of their rider tech support along with everyone else when the parks closed and have struggled to get them back. Loads of little bits of its a small world not working and the water cannons at the wee train outside barnstormer not working either.
This seems to be what it is, comes down to staffing issues, they have less staff so things maintained less often.

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I think some rides may be in need of proper maintenance but they are avoiding extended closures to the detriment of the rides
I don't think it is that, for example splash has recently undergone an extended closure but still has downtime and evacuations. I think the issue as above is the lack of staff for the regular maintenance checks.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ride breakdowns definitely seemed a lot higher on our last trip at Xmas then we had experienced previously. Thought maybe we were unlucky.
Old 25 May 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A friends brother is a main engineer on third shift as they call it before covid he had a team double the size it is now most of hem left Disney and went to other jobs that kept them working during covid some to the other parks
Her Husband Worked in one of the signature restaurants he also has gone elsewhere
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3

Looks like another normal day at the MK🤣

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List