Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Apr 22, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I made lovely black bean brownies from slimming foodie book that came at 65cal each but they have both maple syrup and bit of coconut sugar (I used that instead of brown soft sugar as that's what I had).
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

How’s everyone getting on? I’ve had a few weeks where I’ve not been particularly healthy due to holidays etc etc but have refocused and trying to get on with it again.
I’d forgotten how tired and foggy you feel at the beginning of keto- looking forward to the energy bounce back!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I feel great lately actually. I lost a stone and stuck at that but kind of feel the scale will do it's thing. I am happy with how I eat and feel healthiest I have been in long time!

Lets hope it last.

I stopped calorie counting for the minute but I weight myself regularly and will adjust my plan based on how things are going. For now, I focus on eating healthy meals and not over eating and it's working.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I feel great lately actually. I lost a stone and stuck at that but kind of feel the scale will do it's thing. I am happy with how I eat and feel healthiest I have been in long time!

Lets hope it last.

I stopped calorie counting for the minute but I weight myself regularly and will adjust my plan based on how things are going. For now, I focus on eating healthy meals and not over eating and it's working.
That sounds like a really healthy attitude and will probably bring you the most success long term. I hope that I can get to that point too.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

After dodging it for 25 years, I am now officially "pre" diabetic.

2 Transplants and a lifetime of steroids and immunosuppressants means it has been in the post for a while. Never the less I am now living as if I am not "pre"

All sugars and carbohydrates cut out 8 weeks ago. I am used to living my life 12 weeks at a time , finding out if I am going to live another 3 months.
First stone lost in 6 weeks with another 6 weeks to go until bloods done again.

Still continuing my daily 5k along the beach every day as I have done since my last Transplant 5 years ago.

Stay well everyone.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Hi everyone

Sorry been a bit absent, crazy at work and off to school camp on Monday for a week! Bit worried about the food, I’m taking plenty suitable stuff to supplement and they’ve been good at agreeing a dinner menu that’s ok for me in advance.

Had my latest diabetic check in. HBA1C now 39! Another result like that and I’ll be officially in remission.

Also had a personal shopping appointment at John Lewis, that did wonders for my self esteem. Bought some things in a size 8 and a size 10 and have cleared my wardrobe of all my 16-18 stuff!

Alien - sound like you are doing great.

Evil Queen - hope your holiday was good and you get back to where you want to be with keto.

Bosshog - low carb low sugar really worked for me. I’m also a big beach walk fan, great for your physical and mental health.
Old 25 May 22, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I am grateful I upped my meal planning game this year and lower my family's expectations bit . I came home form work yesterday tired and my husband was cooking fish & veggies - he knows what the plan is and he is happy to step in and do it if he is the one at home and finishes early.

I find cutting flour to nearly zero hugely helpful. I tested negative for celiac, but my breathing at night after eating carbs is weird, and my skin temperature according to my fitbit goes up. My energy went up too. I try to avoid added sugars, but I eat as much fruit as I want.

I have to say that I am not happy about not eating bread pasta or pizza, but I am going to try to see if I can handle little bit at some point. For now, I will just enjoy feeling better. Maybe as I improve my health i will be able to tolerate some again
Old 25 May 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I am grateful I upped my meal planning game this year and lower my family's expectations bit . I came home form work yesterday tired and my husband was cooking fish & veggies - he knows what the plan is and he is happy to step in and do it if he is the one at home and finishes early.

I find cutting flour to nearly zero hugely helpful. I tested negative for celiac, but my breathing at night after eating carbs is weird, and my skin temperature according to my fitbit goes up. My energy went up too. I try to avoid added sugars, but I eat as much fruit as I want.

I have to say that I am not happy about not eating bread pasta or pizza, but I am going to try to see if I can handle little bit at some point. For now, I will just enjoy feeling better. Maybe as I improve my health i will be able to tolerate some again
If you are missing bread try the Keto bagel recipe
trinakrug/keto-bagels/
A bit of a pain to make but really good. I’m at school camp making constant toast for 14 kids and these bagels are keeping me from going insane with the smell. 😂
Old 5 Jun 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I made something like this - cauliflower steak and it turned out really tasty
Old 6 Jun 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Right, I am once again back! Dissertation is pretty much finished, just a bit of titivating and the I’m going to brave the submit button. This should mean that I get some time back for exercise and meal planning. It also removes the snacking while I’m writing temptation.
I’ve signed up for the diabetes uk 1 million steps challenge which starts 1st July and got some meal planning done last night. I’m not going straight back to keto, I’m going to low carb for a while and see how I get on as I find that easier when planning meals for the whole family.