Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
What happened is truly abhorrent, as is the former president Obama tweet if anyone cares to look it up
What on earth would be your beef with Obama’s tweet?
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
What on earth would be your beef with Obama’s tweet?
Have you read what he put ?

Do you think this is appropriate when all those families have just lost loved ones

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

What happened is truly abhorrent, as is the former president Obama tweet if anyone cares to look it up
I did, and I agree! Much as I support remembering George Floyd, that series of tweets was misjudged and very distasteful.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

That was NOT Obama’s first response for context though

And on the one you quoted he didn’t JUST post about George Floyd he also referenced the school shooting again……

What more should he have done? The anniversary of George Floyd is also very important
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

That was NOT Obama’s first response for context though

And on the one you quoted he didn’t JUST post about George Floyd he also referenced the school shooting again……

What more should he have done? The anniversary of George Floyd is also very important
Thank you for providing the FULL context of this which is very important. I thought that sounded disgusting until I read the rest of it.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
It is totally elementary it wasn’t his first post just having the two things on the same tweet is wrong. If he hadn’t have put about the children of uvalde in that tweet then I wouldn’t have had a problem with him remember the anniversary of George floyd. He shouldn’t have put the first part of the tweet.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you read what he put ?

Do you think this is appropriate when all those families have just lost loved ones
A bit misleading there Mazbar not putting the full discussion. I’m pleased someone else found it and put it on here so it could be put in context.

Nothing wrong with what was said by Obama as a whole set of tweets
Old 26 May 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

It is totally elementary it wasn’t his first post just having the two things on the same tweet is wrong. If he hadn’t have put about the children of uvalde in that tweet then I wouldn’t have had a problem with him remember the anniversary of George floyd. He shouldn’t have put the first part of the tweet.
I disagree - I think that if he hadn’t mentioned both he would have had people accusing him of driving a BLM agenda when another tragedy had unfolded.
Both events are appalling and to my mind he was simply saying as we mourn x lets also not forget y, another monumental and appalling moment in US history.
Old 26 May 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
I disagree - I think that if he hadn’t mentioned both he would have had people accusing him of driving a BLM agenda when another tragedy had unfolded.
Both events are appalling and to my mind he was simply saying as we mourn x lets also not forget y, another monumental and appalling moment in US history.
Sorry I think you are wrong he gave a very eloquent and sympathetic tweet regarding the poor children. He should have then done a separate tweet for the remembrance of the sad death of George floyd. The two are separate incidents and should be kept that way.
Old 26 May 22, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Like many high profile Twitter accounts, in politics, sports, celebrity, etc, Obama tweets will more often than not be from a PR team.

Separate tweets would have been more appropriate.

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List