Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 May 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

We love Playa Blanca. It has a lovely long winding path with no cars and is about 6 miles long from end to end I believe. There is an old harbour with traditional restaurants and a fabulous marina with some great restaurants scattered around it.

There are 3 beaches along the promenade and the iconic Papagayo beaches are just beyond the Sandos Papagayo hotel at the eastern tip. Right at the other end is the lighthouse and there are at least 3 nice All Inclusive hotels up this end … H10 Rubicon Palace and The Iberostar mentioned above and the H10 Timanfaya Palace which is adults only.

Any of these hotels would give you what you are asking for … good food, beer, walks, scenery etc. We really enjoyed the Rubicon Palace and are going back in October … we thought the food was excellent and particularly liked the Italian A La Carte, Mikes Coffee House and the the Bistro Bar which is a pool bar up by the quiet pool and serves healthy snacks and smoothies which makes a nice change … it also serves alcohol 😉

The Sandos Papagayo is fine if you upgrade to Royal Elite as there is a separate restaurant for RE guests with waiter service for wine and drinks. There are also 2 help yourself lounges with top shelf drinks. The Sandos Papagayo is our guilty pleasure as although it could do with a bit of tlc we love it’s location … a very pleasurable walk to the marina where we enjoy a jug of Sangria in either Lani’s or a fab new restaurant called Arabella’s … have s Google or join the Facebook group for Playa Blanca … lots of fab info on there! What we save by staying at the Sandos we spend in the bars in the Marina or at Dorada Beach 😆 We were there in March and are back again next week … couldn’t resist it for £1500!

Let us know what you go for!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Puerto del Carmen has lots of nightlife and great restaurants and shops too. There is even a shopping mall close to the Old town.There are lots of apartments to rent in the area as well as hotels.
I agree, Puerto Del Carmen is a lovely lively resort, we tend to choose Playa Blanca as it's much quieter in comparison which suits us, if I was looking for a busy resort with more buzz, then PDC is where I'd choose.

Can't help with accommodation I'm afraid as we stay in Playa Blanca.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We have been to Playa Blanca many times, I’ve lost count of the actual number. We always self cater in either an apartment or villa and always within walking distance of playa dorada. We eat out every night in the restaurants along the promenade, the choice of restaurants is good and something for everyone. Saying that, we’ve booked half board in Lanzarote Princess for February as it’s just the two of us but we will eat out a couple of nights and have lunch in the hotel instead of dinner.

We are happy not doing much, just a walk, visiting the market, sitting on the beach, having a coffee in a bar.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for Playa Blanca & Iberostar Lanzarote Park, we’ve stayed 3 times in the last 5 years & enjoyed every time, real feel of a 5 star hotel for a lot less price.
Happy to answer questions if of any interest.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
This is an interesting thread.

We are looking at doing a self catering holiday to Lanzarote in September/ October. We have never been to Lanzarote before but like somewhere close to cafes, restaurants, a beach and some decent shops. We prefer a bit of life and tend not to go for quiet places.

Does anyone have any suggestions about which part of the island to stay and any recommendations for accommodation?
Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
We stayed at Aqua Suites in Puerto del Carmen last summer and had a fantastic time there. Food was really great too. Loads of great restaurants a short walk away.
In that case Bella this hotel may suit you in Puerto Del Carmen - a few Dibbers recommended it last year but after a day trip to Carmen from Playa Blanca in March we decided that we prefer PB - although Carmen was also lovely! Just a bit more full on (mind you, it was St Paddy’s Day &#128518

I would definitely recommend Lanzarote though … there’s something about it which we love!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Lanzarote can be a bit Marmite... we LOVE it. I get that 'ah i'm home' feeling. I think i fell in love with it because of the legacy left by the artist Cesar Manrique. He campaigned successfully for the Island to remain relatively unspoilt. His art and sculptures are everywhere and give the Island a USP. If you are able visit Jameos Del Agua..one of his sort of houses built into the landscape... we always called it the James Bond house cos we could always picture a Bond villain living there with a white cat! Stunning and very cool! Loved Natura Palace in Playa Blanca...off the main drag next to a fabulous bar with spectacular views. This is making me want to go back !
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jolou View Post
Lanzarote can be a bit Marmite... we LOVE it. I get that 'ah i'm home' feeling. I think i fell in love with it because of the legacy left by the artist Cesar Manrique. He campaigned successfully for the Island to remain relatively unspoilt. His art and sculptures are everywhere and give the Island a USP. If you are able visit Jameos Del Agua..one of his sort of houses built into the landscape... we always called it the James Bond house cos we could always picture a Bond villain living there with a white cat! Stunning and very cool! Loved Natura Palace in Playa Blanca...off the main drag next to a fabulous bar with spectacular views. This is making me want to go back !
Natura Palace is a very nice hotel for adults.
Old 27 May 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Playa blanca is lovely and we would go back but wouldn’t stay at the lanzarote princess again, we were all inclusive and the food was a bit rubbish and we ended up eating out sometimes. The Rubicon palace looks much better, we almost booked that but changed to the princess due to the location and kind of wished we hadn’t! Also the princess yaiza suites across the road looked lovely but really expensive.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Playa blanca is lovely and we would go back but wouldn’t stay at the lanzarote princess again, we were all inclusive and the food was a bit rubbish and we ended up eating out sometimes. The Rubicon palace looks much better, we almost booked that but changed to the princess due to the location and kind of wished we hadn’t! Also the princess yaiza suites across the road looked lovely but really expensive.
Oh no, we are staying in the lanzarote princess in February for DH’s 50th Birthday Hope the food picks up by then
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Oh no, we are staying in the lanzarote princess in February for DH’s 50th Birthday Hope the food picks up by then
It was Christmas 2018 when we went so a fair while ago. To be fair I know others who have been and loved it so I would go with an open mind. We are generally not fans of buffets so don’t do all inclusive very often so maybe it was just us!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List