Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 May 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

What do I need for Villa stay

Hi,

Please can you help?
Having normally stayed onsite for our stays this year for the very first time ever we are staying in a Villa. Really excited about this but just realised there may be some things that may not be stocked at the villa. For those experienced in villa stays what do you normally take from home and what would you recommend buying there.
Thanks for any idea's
Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We take our teabags, coffee, some dry snacks like cereal bars or biscuits one or two dishwasher tablets (just incase) I’ve also taken laundry pods to do a few loads of washing a couple of bin bags and a dish cloth. This year I’ve added little pods of marmite and Nutella for toast in the mornings!

You’ll love all the space etc.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

You will love the space & freedom of a villa🙂
Most villas will provide all bedding & towels - some ask you to take your own towels to the beach
There will be limited cleaning products/toilet rolls/dishwasher tabs - just enough for your first few days & prob no store cupboard items so you will need to do a supermarket shop to stock up on what you will need during your stay
We always take our own instant coffee- just because we don’t like US brands -& a few pods for washing machine & dishwasher -all USA products come in large or extra large 🙄so such a waste to buy their packs
Old 28 May 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Colour catchers. Those washing machines are huge get everything done together.
Tea and those little squash bottles.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Please don't take toilet rolls the pipes are much more narrow and they will block.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As others have said it can be a lottery of what’s provided
I always take tea bags
I highly recommend the Dollar Tree fr basics like salt pepper sugar trash bags cleaning wipes dishwasher tabs small washing up liquid
They even sell small bottles of Tide laundry liquid it does 10 washes
Please just dont take toilet roll from home its just too thick for rubbish Florida plumbing to cope with
Ive got loads of clothes tea towels beach /pool towels etc in fact have a case full of stuff to take out right now
But again if you dont head for dollar tree for. House hold items and the likes of Dollar General five below for beach towels if you dont want to cart them with you
The only other thing ill take out this time as the grandkids are going is diluting juice
It’s a fortune for a tiny bottle in Florida we. Will make up several bottles for park days and freeze a couple for the cool box in the boot of the car for coming home
If the villa doesn’t have a cool box you can pick up a polystyrene one for a few dollars in Walmart
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It doesn’t really matter u can buy it all over there , but the only thing I’d take would be tea bags and washing machine pods

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’d echo what Gryff says, Dollar Tree is great for smaller packs of things like Tide for clothes washing etc. we find the packs in Target etc way to big and a bit of a waste. We get our loo roll, condiments, pool toys, cool box for the car all in Dollar Tree.

I bring tea bags, sugar, pack of ziplock bags for snacks, Robinsons minis, dishwasher tablets. This year for the first time I’ll be bringing ketchup - we’ve found an own brand that we all like and DS eats it with everything!

Many people will say everything is available in the supermarkets in the US which is true but I don’t want to pay for large packs of items I’m barely going to use - prefer to keep my money for all the other nice things from the bakery isle etc 😀
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Colour catchers. Those washing machines are huge get everything done together.
Tea and those little squash bottles.
Do colour catchers actually work?
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Please don't take toilet rolls the pipes are much more narrow and they will block.
Thanks for this, toilet rolls was one of the first things I thought of.