Notices

Old 21 Oct 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
UPDATE 2/12 A Sparks Universal Adventure- December 2021

This trip is a spur of the moment booking! After the crazy start to our 2019 Orlando trip, Delta kindly gave us enough vouchers to cover return flights to Texas in 2020 for the 3 of us, then COVID hit and those plans were shelved. We realised that there was a possibility that the vouchers would expire before we were able to use them. Then the American Government announced the opening of the U.S. and last night a plan was made.

This time it will be a boys trip (I can’t go due to work commitments) and I am so happy for Adam and Cooper, I know they will have an amazing time! 🤩

Adam was able to book this morning, direct flights MAN-MCO with a Delta/Virgin codeshare flight for the 5th December returning on the 13th December using the Delta Vouchers. It was super simple and he has already booked the outbound and inbound seats.

We also had a voucher with BA and he has put it towards their accommodation. The first night is at The Rosen Plaza, nice and handy for Millers Ale House (a family favourite!) as they will arrive into Orlando around 4pm and will want a nice easy night.

Then the next morning they will be up early to check into The Hard Rock Hotel, we normally stay at Royal Pacific but they didn’t have any availability (understandably due to the short notice). Only three nights here as that was all they had available. Then back to the Rosen Plaza for the remaining nights.

We are going to get in touch with Universal Studios today as we had AP’s with them for our 2019/20 trips but of course never got to use them for the 2020 trip. They were kind enough to give us passes for a week to use in 2021 should we have been able to, so hopefully they will honour that. The boys are total adrenaline junkies and will make good use of the folp’s. They are looking forward to going on the VelociCoaster for the first time.

At the moment the car hire prices are ridiculous so Adam is just going to use Uber to get around. They both love to shop (for trainers and sportswear!) and I have a very long list of things I would like them to bring back for me.

The boys love to eat and are going to take food and receipt pics and I will do a mini food report on their behalf. You can expect visits to Millers, Longhorns, Denny’s, Cracker Barrel, Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ, Red Lobster, chick fil a, Bahama Breeze and probably Cheesecake Factory too!

Esta’s are approved, Insurance is all up to date, Cooper has been vaccinated and only the Raddison Blu and car parking at Manchester need to be booked. I think this is the shortest time frame between booking and traveling that we have ever done! It is also the longest time that I have ever been apart from the boys. however I am truly so happy for them and knowing how much fun they have brings me total joy. 💝😍

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sounds absolutely fabulous 🤩🤩
Glad the boys have a trip booked this year 🇺🇸
Get them to take an extra case & fill it with goodies for you
Can’t wait to see the pics
X
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Looks like a great trip… hats off to you I would be beside myself if mine went without me 😊

If you don’t mind me asking what age is Cooper and has he been double vaccinated?
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Sounds absolutely fabulous 🤩🤩
Glad the boys have a trip booked this year 🇺🇸
Get them to take an extra case & fill it with goodies for you
Can’t wait to see the pics
X
Thanks so much Claire, they really will have a great time.

I have a very long shopping list for Adam and I told them that they are only going for a week so they don’t need many clothes more room for my shopping! Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Looks like a great trip… hats off to you I would be beside myself if mine went without me 😊

If you don’t mind me asking what age is Cooper and has he been double vaccinated?
Thank you, it will be fab and they will be very busy! I will miss them but I am so happy that they can go and have a great time. 😁 They both love doing the same things too!

Cooper is 14 and has had one vaccination. I spoke with the Head Nurse at School and she said as far as she is aware that for their age group they will only be receiving one vaccination for the time being.
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Sounds amazing. Can’t wait to read all about it. Imagine all the great Christmas presents they can buy you 😂

I was tempted to book for Ds and I as we finish school on the 17th December but it’s gone up in price a bit too much to justify it now so we will need to wait till Feb.
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sounds amazing. Can’t wait to read all about it. Imagine all the great Christmas presents they can buy you 😂

I was tempted to book for Ds and I as we finish school on the 17th December but it’s gone up in price a bit too much to justify it now so we will need to wait till Feb.
Lol! Yes, I will have a very long shopping list. We did find that the flight prices change massively, the main reason for booking is to use the Delta Vouchers, we only had to pay an extra $90 pp for the return flights which we were happy with. Honestly the time will fly between now and February! Xx
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Excellent Customer Service from Universal Studios and Seaworld

A very successful day! Adam spoke to a cast member at Universal Studios and they very kindly added a week to the Annual Passes we had from 2019/2020. We originally bought them for our December 2019 trip (only used them for a week) and had planned to use them in Summer 2020 for another week. Obviously covid thwarted those plans. We rescheduled our whole trip to Summer 2021 but again that didn’t happen The whole process was super simple and the boys will just use the Annual Pass cards we received originally. The customer service was excellent and they could have easily refused and we would have just bought new tickets.

We had the same issue with our Seaworld tickets, the Staff Adam dealt with were also great and offered a them one day pass each. Again this was very much appreciated, the boys really love the coasters there.

They are going to be super busy with their park passes, I’m going to have to block out some shopping time for them!
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post

A very successful day! Adam spoke to a cast member at Universal Studios and they very kindly added a week to the Annual Passes we had from 2019/2020. We originally bought them for our December 2019 trip (only used them for a week) and had planned to use them in Summer 2020 for another week. Obviously covid thwarted those plans. We rescheduled our whole trip to Summer 2021 but again that didn’t happen The whole process was super simple and the boys will just use the Annual Pass cards we received originally. The customer service was excellent and they could have easily refused and we would have just bought new tickets.

We had the same issue with our Seaworld tickets, the Staff Adam dealt with were also great and offered a them one day pass each. Again this was very much appreciated, the boys really love the coasters there.

They are going to be super busy with their park passes, I’m going to have to block out some shopping time for them!
Fab news 😀😀
Get writing your shopping list now
Premium Outlet
Mall of Millennia
Florida Mall
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m sure they will miss you (not )
But you need to do a shopping order to Angelbabe and they can bring it home
Ps if you can do a jan / Feb trip I’ll have 5 spare beds at the villa

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List