Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Feb 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Is Universal worth the money for a 4 year old ?

Got a villa booked for 10 days at Easter and about to book 14 day Disney tickets for the 4 of us inc a just 4 year old and a 6 and 1/2 year old

So do we just stick to Disney or add Universal on ?

It looks like the youngest wont be able (or want ) to do a lot of the rides at Universal So is it worth the cash or do we just spend more at Disney ?

Opinions pleas
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

You will have enough to do with the Disney tickets tbh, although we did a universal only trip in 2019 with our then 3 and 6 yr olds.
They both loved it and the 3 yr old rode quite a few rides. She is tall though and was 40 inches when we went. She loved the cat in the hat, flight of the hippogriff and the woody woodpecker rollercoaster.
We are going back in May and are only doing Universal. She is 48 inches now and can do pretty much all the rides.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

I would just focus on Disney, 2 days at each park and one at each water park.
Ten years ago we took Dd to universal at almost 4 as her brothers are quite a few years older, although it was enjoyable a considerable amount of time was spent waiting around for Dh and the boys (only so many times you can ride The cat in the hat!)
If you feel you don’t have to go, I’d save it for next time .
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

102cm and 107cm are crucial heights at universal. My 4yo was really borderline on 102cm when we last went so we didn’t go to universal as there were a lot of rides he would want to do that were at that mark.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With kids that young I would stick with Disney, there is plenty there to keep you occupied. Save universal for when they’re a bit older and can really appreciate Harry Potter etc! Will be a whole new experience for you 😊

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

With only 10 days and kids that young I would definitely stick to just Disney.

They will love just spending time in the villa pool as well. Don't underestimate how tiring full park days are either.
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Aside from the mistake of potentially trying to jam too much into a packed schedule, it really depends on your kid. If they're tall and they like exciting/scary rides, then they may have a blast. If they're shorter and a bit more timid, then it may be better to stick to Disney and consider Universal for a future trip.

We considered it for our trip in early 2020 as we had 5 weeks in FL, but my daughter was only 98cm at the time, and didn't like anything too scary or fast so it would have been a wash for her. She'll now be around 110cm on our next trip; but she still doesn't like anything too dark/scary/fast, so I'm again leaving Universal for a future trip! However, I definitely know 4 year olds that are taller or as tall as her (she's 5) and would ride literally anything - if my kid was like that, I'd definitely go if I had the chance!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Definitely only Disney.

We just took our 4 year old, there is so much for them at Disney at that age. Universal is definitely geared for older children and we are saving it for when ours are a bit older.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
Aside from the mistake of potentially trying to jam too much into a packed schedule, it really depends on your kid. If they're tall and they like exciting/scary rides, then they may have a blast. If they're shorter and a bit more timid, then it may be better to stick to Disney and consider Universal for a future trip.

We considered it for our trip in early 2020 as we had 5 weeks in FL, but my daughter was only 98cm at the time, and didn't like anything too scary or fast so it would have been a wash for her. She'll now be around 110cm on our next trip; but she still doesn't like anything too dark/scary/fast, so I'm again leaving Universal for a future trip! However, I definitely know 4 year olds that are taller or as tall as her (she's 5) and would ride literally anything - if my kid was like that, I'd definitely go if I had the chance!
This is my 5 year old, 122cm and likes all the fast/scary rides.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would certainly not consider Universal with children of 4 and 6, believing it simply too hectic, brash and noisy.. However..

I would look long at a Discovery Cove ultimate non swim. The safety at D.C. is really good and with very good life jackets. Children seem astonished when they have rays and fish swimming around their feet.

Seaworld has Shamu(s), Dolphins, Sealions, Penguins, Belugas and many other brilliant animals.

Busch has Crocs, Gators, Gorillas, Tigers and an awesome Safari if you take the Giraffe Feed option where you go out in a flat bed truck and … feed lettuce to the Giraffes when they come over.

Aquatica has the best kids play area that I have seen in any water park.

Plus all the food and drink on your D.C. day are free. All your parking is free.

Forget the Coasters and the big rides. Your children will be entranced by the rest. And the parks are generally quieter.

Disney is of course, a must for children of 4 and 6.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:45 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List