Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Mar 22, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
Forgetting about the ending, sound slide you all had an amazing holiday! And only 113 days u til you return again 😁
Thanks for posting!
We did, it was so lovely to be back, it just felt so normal.

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
We were on the same flight- BA really let us all down, The customer service and communication was terrible.
Absolutely, one of the other teachers at school landed on the Friday or Saturday I think and BA staff were on hand for questions, food vouchers, hotel vouchers etc - she couldn’t believe we’d had such a different experience. That said still lots of misinformation given to them too.
Old 12 Mar 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Aww thanks. We did have a great last day then it all went a bit to pot, first time we’ve had to deal with that kind of chaos, just been lucky up to now.

Thanks for reading, it was a lovely trip, so glad we decided to go. The travel chaos maybe couldn’t have been helped but I did expect a bit more from BA in terms of customer service.

I see you are heading to California in the summer, that will be fab, are you all planned?
Yes we are flying to LA and starting with Disney which I’m really looking forward to, it sounds really relaxing compared to Florida😂 Then heading to Vegas for a few nights, then San Diego via Palm Springs and the last few nights back to LA, staying at Universal (although I think my 2 will be disappointed with the lack of coasters compared to Florida but I’m not going all that way to skip it) and doing a few LA sights before flying home. That’s the condensed version
I see our countdowns are very similar
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Such a shame the journey back was so bad, but I suppose better that the journey there.

It’s so frustrating when things go wrong and the staff seem to be clueless. They really need to up their game in that respect. It’s not like it’s the first time there have been problems for them to resolve.

I felt so bad for the people caught in the IT issues a couple of weeks ago, that was us a few years ago and it seems they now learnt any lessons from it.

Still, hasn’t stopped us flying ba as they always cheapest for us and that means more trips!
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Yes we are flying to LA and starting with Disney which I’m really looking forward to, it sounds really relaxing compared to Florida😂 Then heading to Vegas for a few nights, then San Diego via Palm Springs and the last few nights back to LA, staying at Universal (although I think my 2 will be disappointed with the lack of coasters compared to Florida but I’m not going all that way to skip it) and doing a few LA sights before flying home. That’s the condensed version
I see our countdowns are very similar
That sounds amazing. Will you do a trip report?

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Such a shame the journey back was so bad, but I suppose better that the journey there.

It’s so frustrating when things go wrong and the staff seem to be clueless. They really need to up their game in that respect. It’s not like it’s the first time there have been problems for them to resolve.

I felt so bad for the people caught in the IT issues a couple of weeks ago, that was us a few years ago and it seems they now learnt any lessons from it.

Still, hasn’t stopped us flying ba as they always cheapest for us and that means more trips!
Yep, it’s a BA booking we have in the summer. I just assumed as everything was booked as a through ticket we’d be fine.
Old 13 Mar 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I have loved reading through your trip report this morning! We have a universal 7 day trip planned in May so have picked up some ideas and tips!
Such a shame about what happened with BA! Hopefully you get an appropriate response from them, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must have been, we are always completely wiped out on landing back in the U.K. and I can’t imagine having to deal with something like this!
Glad you’ve all recovered from covid now!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Thanks for reading.

Hoping to hear from BA sooner rather than later.

May will be here in no time. We are at endless summer dockside snd Portofino in the summer with cabana bay in the middle. Would love to hear how you like endless summer. Portofino is so gorgeous, hope you get to fit in some pizza at Sals.
Old 14 Mar 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post

Yep, it’s a BA booking we have in the summer. I just assumed as everything was booked as a through ticket we’d be fine.
We had a bad BA/Heathrow delay on our return MCO/LHR/EDI trip in December, but nowhere as bad as yours.

We’ve decided to use Delta EDI/JFK/MCO for our December 22 trip. I was also concerned that BA would relocate their Orlando flights to Gatwick, making it a bit harder for us. Let’s hope they’re better than BA!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
We had a bad BA/Heathrow delay on our return MCO/LHR/EDI trip in December, but nowhere as bad as yours.

We’ve decided to use Delta EDI/JFK/MCO for our December 22 trip. I was also concerned that BA would relocate their Orlando flights to Gatwick, making it a bit harder for us. Let’s hope they’re better than BA!
I’m hoping the Gatwick thing doesn’t happen before the summer unless of course they bring the Gatwick - Edinburgh flights back. I don’t fancy trekking across London again, especially with luggage this time ( you’d hope &#128514.

Would love to hear how you find that delta route.

We have direct flights with virgin in October, that will be a luxury we probably best not get used to, we luckily got this at a good price but it seems to be extortionate.
Old 20 Mar 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry about the return trip but the rest of the day sounded fab!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The touring plans app has been worth it this trip. Fun on Men in Black and you even managed to all be in the same car through the single rider line. A lovely last day, just a bit of a pain with the flights. I bet it felt cold in the snow when you got home. Also, a shame you ended up testing positive for COVID.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List