Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Mar 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Skellers79
Proud to wear my Ears

One adult riding with 2 kids

My wife doesn't like roller coasters, even the tame ones. But we have 2 kids, a thrill seeking 8 year old a 5 year old who will probably make do with the tamer ones (barnstormer, seven dwarves mine train etc).

Are they allowed to sit together, with me behind or in front? Can we ride as a 3? Can we do some kind of rider swap variation?

Thanks
Skellers79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Unless you are much larger than average, you will be able to sit 3 to a car in most cases. Disney is much easier than the UK parks for 1 adult and 2 small children.
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Skellers79
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks, is that the same for all rides or just the more child friendly ones?
Skellers79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Skellers79 View Post
Thanks, is that the same for all rides or just the more child friendly ones?
It will depend on whether there are individual restraints or a single bar, but yes the single bar is more likely to be found on child friendly rides.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Skellers79
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It will depend on whether there are individual restraints or a single bar, but yes the single bar is more likely to be found on child friendly rides.
Thanks, suspect my youngest won't be going on anything requiring individual restraints.
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

From my experience travelling with family, you and the two should be able to squeeze together on Barnstormer, Thunder Mountain, MAYBE a dumbo or a rocket but that might mean 8 year old goes alone….Splash mountain you’ll likely have to go behind but there’s no restraints anyway. Space at MK is one behind the other anyway so if your 5 year old is tall enough they’ll have their own seat. I prefer MK Space to the one at DLP because MK doesn’t flip you over and is a lot less rough. If your 5 year old likes Thunder and the Barnstormer I think they would like it.

Your 8 year old (if they are tall enough and brave enough) will have their own restraint on Rock and Roller Coaster at HS and their own seat belt on Tower of Terror and Star Tours. And their own Seat of Flight of Passage. I haven’t been yet to experience Rise, Smugglers Run.

But short answer for most rides where 5 year old is tall enough you should be fine as a group of 3!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Splash Mountain definitely allows 3 if you can fit.
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Disney definitely used to have a rule that anyone under 7 had to sit with someone older than (I think) 14.

We learnt this when we were loading into Aladdin’s carpets and the CM didn’t want our girls sitting in the back of the vehicle together (DH and I were in the front of the same carpet.) At the time DD2 must have been under 7 and DD1 is only two years older than her so not old enough under the rule.

I’m not sure whether that is still in place, this must have been about eight years ago, and if it is whether it’s actually widely enforced by CMs.

We also had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago when the girls went into the Minnie Mouse meet and greet at DHS while we wanted to rest outside when they were about 13 and 11. The CM said the eldest needed to be over 14 for them to enter an attraction without an adult and it was Florida law.

One day I’ll get around to Googling this and finding out what the actual deal is, even though there’s not much point now even my youngest is 14 😂.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Disney definitely used to have a rule that anyone under 7 had to sit with someone older than (I think) 14.

We learnt this when we were loading into Aladdin’s carpets and the CM didn’t want our girls sitting in the back of the vehicle together (DH and I were in the front of the same carpet.) At the time DD2 must have been under 7 and DD1 is only two years older than her so not old enough under the rule.

I’m not sure whether that is still in place, this must have been about eight years ago, and if it is whether it’s actually widely enforced by CMs.

We also had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago when the girls went into the Minnie Mouse meet and greet at DHS while we wanted to rest outside when they were about 13 and 11. The CM said the eldest needed to be over 14 for them to enter an attraction without an adult and it was Florida law.

One day I’ll get around to Googling this and finding out what the actual deal is, even though there’s not much point now even my youngest is 14 😂.
Yes there are rules about how old somebody must be to accompany a young child, but accompany can mean sitting behind the child if there is no other option.

I am not surprised the CM wasn’t happy with your seating formation on Aladdin though. I would have sat 1A1C or at least the 2C in front.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes there are rules about how old somebody must be to accompany a young child, but accompany can mean sitting behind the child if there is no other option.

I am not surprised the CM wasn’t happy with your seating formation on Aladdin though. I would have sat 1A1C or at least the 2C in front.
So two young children can sit together if the adult is behind them but not in front? Not quite sure what the difference is if you’re in a moving ride vehicle with restraints and are supposed to keep arms inside your seat.

I’m just not really understanding the logic. The reason we chose the formation we did on that occasion was that I’m awesome at bumping the ride up and down (the front lever) and the girls wanted to experience riding something together for thr first time.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List