Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Mar 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Phoning Disney

Is the advertised number : 0800 028 0778
The only way to get in touch ?
Trying to book a cabana for Typhoon Lagoon and gave up after 50 mins on hold.
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Yes I believe that all numbers now lead to the one central call centre in Tampa who are still very short staffed. There are a few news articles about it online.

When I tried to amend a resort stay in January, it took me about five attempts over a week or so as I was quoted waits of between one and three hours-ish each time I called.

Sometimes if you’re lucky it offers you a callback and I would take that option if you can. They then call you back at the end of the quoted wait time.

In the end I had the best luck calling when the call centre first opened on a Sunday morning. I figured first thing would be better as US customers are not yet up, but I also think they run on an even smaller staff before the US hours open.

I was quoted a ten minute wait which turned into about 45 or 50 before my call was answered but I was happy to finally get my issue sorted out.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Yes I believe that all numbers now lead to the one central call centre in Tampa who are still very short staffed. There are a few news articles about it online.

When I tried to amend a resort stay in January, it took me about five attempts over a week or so as I was quoted waits of between one and three hours-ish each time I called.

Sometimes if you’re lucky it offers you a callback and I would take that option if you can. They then call you back at the end of the quoted wait time.

In the end I had the best luck calling when the call centre first opened on a Sunday morning. I figured first thing would be better as US customers are not yet up, but I also think they run on an even smaller staff before the US hours open.

I was quoted a ten minute wait which turned into about 45 or 50 before my call was answered but I was happy to finally get my issue sorted out.
thanks for the tip - will give it a go Sunday. No quoted times nor call back options sadly.
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
thanks for the tip - will give it a go Sunday. No quoted times nor call back options sadly.
You might get lucky next time, sometimes they indicate the wait time and sometimes offer a call back but sometimes nothing. Fingers crossed you get it sorted without too long a wait.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

After 90 mins tonight, spoke to someone who told me I had to ring the USA experiences line to book. Rang and it said 90 min wait so hung up, can’t afford to do a 90 min call to the USA
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Use this number first. It’s for a company called zip call. 0333 232 3232 As long as you have inclusive minutes it’s free but call bang on opening to avoid a long queue.
Thanks to Mexy for the above information.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
After 90 mins tonight, spoke to someone who told me I had to ring the USA experiences line to book. Rang and it said 90 min wait so hung up, can’t afford to do a 90 min call to the USA
I used 0800 085 0582 yesterday and was able to book the fireworks cruise but they also asked if there was anything else I wanted to book
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

I called them last week on that number it said 90 minutes wait I waited just under 20 minutes and was dealt with very quickly.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I used 0800 085 0582 yesterday and was able to book the fireworks cruise but they also asked if there was anything else I wanted to book
thanks, that is a new number and seems to call the same place in the USA - current wait is 3hrs...
Got work to do but will dial tonight and sit back
Old 31 Mar 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

2hr 27mins and cabana booked for third date choice !