Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Packing cubes and other holiday essentials

Hello
Although we don’t go until August I’m starting to buy bits for the holiday now. Plan is to spread the cost and less shock for my husband when there are nt a billion Amazon prime deliveries and parcels!

So although I know packing cubes are nt essential I think as we are staying in three different locations (Disney, universal then Villa) they may be useful for us as a family. Never used them so would love recommendations on which ones to get.

Any other tips on what to pack appreciated. Thinking more the things I would nt think to pack not a basic packing list!

Thank you 😊
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I got something like this from Amazon. I don’t think you can go too far wrong in selecting a set of packing cubes, I liked these as there are a number of cubes in different sizes worked for me.

amazon/Eono-Essent...ailosp-21&th=1

Sorry can’t help with your actual packing, I have no idea what you wouldn’t think to pack.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I like compression packing cubes and have quite a few sets. There is an Amazon brand one that are good.

For the villa I usually take some washing and dishwater tabs. Just so you are’t buying a big pack. Yea bags (obvs) if you drink tea.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lifetec
Getting to know the DIBB

Late entrant to case cubes, couldn’t do without them now.
Clean clothes organised for the way out, separated into whites and coloured ready for the washing machine on the return journey.
Lifetec is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I always use packing cubes it’s amazing how much space you save - leaves room for lots of purchases
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Waste of time and effort
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Packing cubes are the best , I purchased ours on Amazon, just cheap ones and in different colours for each member as I like to pack across the cases so it’s easy to unpack , everyone just takes their own colour !
Zip lock bags are great to pop your toiletries in just in case they leak , I reuse them on the return trip for my BBWs soaps
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Great idea. I definitely don’t want to be buying in bulk when out there!
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Plug extension was a great tip I got off here on our first trip.

If your in charge of all the passports put a label on the back and that persons name to save you have to keep searching through for the right one

I'm going to take some washing tabs as I hate coming back to all that dirty washing, so I'll wash while we are messing about by the pool.

Pop up laundry basket
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Another reason I love a Florida holiday, wash all the clothes in the villa so only end up with one or two days of dirty stuff when we get home.

Oh yes the extension lead, then you only need one adaptor.

If you intend on cooking I also take some little packets of salt and pepper in a zip lock bag. Again saves you buying a big container full. Sometimes people leave these but not always.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List