Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 May 22, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three - the big (double) surprise

And Then There Were Three - The big (double) surprise.

Thursday 12th May 2022 - Animal kingdom.

Day 11

Slept through until 5 today and finished the blog as Phoebe had sent me her notes and photos after her late night.

It was almost ten to 8 today by the time we left for animal kingdom. We were half a mile down the road when I realised I’d forgotten my phone. That meant no more taking while we were out and no photos!

We arrived and as soon as we were in the park we booked a lightning lane for Flight of passage and then headed straight for Expedition Everest which was a 5 minute wait. This is a great coaster which goes forwards and backwards. Dad sat this one out. As soon as we were off we went to ride again but it had jumped to 20 minutes so we decided to single rider. Mum and Jas didn’t ride a second time.

We walked round to the dinosaur ride as Again that was only 5 minutes. Dad couldn’t remember this one so wasn’t sure what he was letting himself in for. We saw our hotel neighbours at the entrance to this ride. This one really does chuck you around

We still had time to watch it’s tough to be a big before our window for flight of passage

Flight of passage is an amazing ride - quite possibly the best ride I’ve ever been on. My mum loves this one and says she could sit on it all day. We book our next pass for Navi river and go to join the line for kali river rapids which was only 15 minutes but soon jumps to 45. Jas didn’t want to wait for this so we cancelled Navi and booked kali river and trudged back to see if we could make the 11 o’clock showing of the lion king. We join the line but are told there is no guarantee of us getting in. We didn’t make it. It’s all getting a bit fractious. People are hot and bothered and tired and focused on five guys as a possible lunch destination. It’s decided that after kali river we will mooch to the exit via the shops and then head to the outlet.

No one wants to sit next to me on kali as I always get soaked. It ended up being Connor next to me. We do end up going backwards down the drop and get a reasonable soaking but somehow mum over the other side gets drenched and she’s in denim dungarees!

We slowly walk to the shops trying to dry off in the sun. Stop for Starbucks and a strawberry slushy and then to the car park. We drive home and after a quick turnaround head out to the I-drive premium outlets in 2 cars as Phoebe wants to visit another mall after. Parking at the outlets is now a complete racket. It all used to be free and now there’s valley parking, $10 self parking, $3 per hour parking. After a mini loop of one area we cba and pay the $10 to self park - what’s a mere ten dollars when we keep throwing $25 at Disney each day!

It had already been decided to head to the food court ready for 5 guys. The youngsters all get burgers and dad and I share some chips. It’s now half 2 so we split up with Jas and I agreeing to meet nanny and gdog at 5 to see where we’re at.

First stop Levi’s where Jas gets some jeans and a tshirt. Then into Disney character warehouse. They have quite a bit of Halloween stuff here including a lovely Mickey mummy popcorn bucket but I don’t succumb as I know it will just sit in a cupboard.

By 5 we’ve only completed half of the area but Jas is out of cash! She’s got herself some nice Vans and some much needed underwear. I was after some new Nike trainers but the colours were a bit disappointing. I’m also still looking for a MK or Kate Spade backpack but I didn’t make it into either of those shops. We meet with mum and dad and head back to the car and go home via Walmart on the turkey lake road. We just pick up the rest of what we need to make dinner and vow to come back to look at the rest of the store.

I make chilli and nachos for dinner. Mum and dad come to ours to eat. Jas is going to wait until Phoe is back to have hers as she only had her Five Guys at 2. Dad starts putting his food on his plate and knocks his beer over - it goes everywhere and as soon as he picks up the bottle it’s fizzing all over the place.

Phoe and Connor are back just after 8 so I reheat the chilli and do more nachos and while they are eating we head over to cvs for a browse. We’re gone an hour as we’re going up and down each isle. We get back at almost half nine. Phoe wanted to do show and tell with her purchases but has picked up a cold (hopefully not covid) so wasn’t then feeling great. I called it a day at this point and soaked my feet in a nice bath as it was another 20k+ steps day.

Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 11 -

I’d decided last night I wasn’t getting up early to go down for breakfast so my final alarm went off at 7:15 and I dragged myself out of bed and got ready. We left not long after half 7 and got in the car to go to Animal Kingdom. We arrived into the park just before half 8 and walked straight round to Everest as we had a LL for flight of passage at 9:47. We quickly rode Everest as it was only a 5 min wait and planned to ride it again but by the time we were back round there, it was a 20
min wait. Mum Connor and I went through single rider and we’re on within seconds.

After this we head to dinosaur. This was so much more violent than last time and I was shaking all over the place! Once we were off we were in our window for flight of passage so walked round to there. Connor really enjoyed the ride. I’d asked Jas to book a LL for the river boat journey which she then did and we walked over to the rapids with the aim to do this but it was a 45 min wait. At this point Jas says we should have got a LL for the rapids and then gone to see the 11 o’clock show of the Lion King and then come back to the rapids. We faff around with the lockers then mum says we’re going out to the the show and then to come back to the LL for the rapids. Connor goes to the front of the park at this point for a smoke so we walk round to the queue for the Lion King and after a while of waiting were turned away as they were full so we walked back to the rapids! Tensions are higher at this point as there’s no plan and we’re wondering around aimlessly.

We walk round to the LL and jump on and poor Connor is left sat next to mum so he’s doomed! Mum and Connor get quite soaked but it’s Nanny and Gdog who get drenched! Jas and I are dry with the exceptions of a few spots. After this we call it day and and head back to the car to stop at the hotel to grab the second car and then onto the outlets. Jas in our car as a back up directioner and it’s a good job she is today because Connor is directing me in the wrong lanes the whole way! We park up and head to the food court where we wait for the others. Mum goes to order everyone five guys and after we eat we all split up and confirm to message when we’re done and heading back.

Connor is well impressed how quickly I’ve shopped and spent my coin and his 🤣 and within 3hrs were heading back to Starbucks to grab and a drink to then drive to Florida Mall and then to Walmart. For some reason I thinks the mall has a Cheesecake Factory but we’re disappointed when we learn it doesn’t. Quick stop in Pink and Mac and back to the car. We’re on our way to Walmart and Connor is trying to direct me and tells me to move left but I can’t as there’s cars coming. This then results in a spat because he’s telling me it was clear and it flipping wasn’t! We end up in Walmart and no one’s talking so I shout I’m waiting in the car and walk off in a strop. About 10 mins later he comes back and we drive home. But the time we’re home we’re friends again and go back upstairs. They’ve just finished dinner so we heat ours up and then mum Jas and Gdog head to CVS. They’ve been gone hours so I get in the bath and then ready for bed. But the time mums back it’s too late for show and tell. I get into bed and I’m asleep within mums.

My notes are shoddy today because I’ve come down with some kind of cold virus thing and feel like death 🤣

Number of bags Connor carried throughout the shops - 39383027392027302
Number of $ Phoebe has left - minus $373937297393

See I’ll in the AM kids x
Old 14 May 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh yum Five Guys 🙊😋
You got a lot done again at AK
I love EE but not the backwards bit 🤢
I think you can park for free at the Outlets but it’s out the back more
The homemade chilli looked great 🤩

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Phoebs you do make me laugh! I hope you feel better soon.

Ann your chilli looks lovely I would love some of that. AK looks great, we haven’t done the new avatar stuff yet, its my favourite park, just love the vibe there. Another busy but good day.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List