Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 May 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Disney Housekeeping

Hi ,

Can anyone who has stayed onsite at Disney in the last month or so please tell me what the housekeeping service is like ?
Particularly Caribbean Beach ?
We are currently staying at RPR at Universal and housekeeping is amazing , same service as before Covid , room serviced every day and the beds even turned down in the evening.

We would like to however book to stay onsite again at Disney but the lack of housekeeping really puts us off.

So what’s the situation with it ?

Sarah & Paul 😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Not good I am afraid. I think they are using covid as another excuse to cut back, because every other hotel chain seems to be managing.

I have just had 9 days in the Boardwalk and 3 nights at the Contemporay, got home earlier this week.

For the first two full days at the Boardwalk, I came back to a properly serviced room, so I thought it was back to normal. On the third day I came back and the room had not been touched. I rang down and was told too late for anything that day but that in any case service was every other day. I thought maybe I would have better luck at the reception so I went down and was told every other day again, I pointed out I had the room services both days thus far and was told this was a mistake and they shouldn’t have! I pushed that I didn’t think this was acceptable and they agreed to put me down for a daily service for the rest of my Boardwalk stay which happened.

I then moved to the Contemporary and was there three nights. No service whatsoever, no new towels, no bins emptied. I couldn’t be bothered engaging over it a second time.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Thanks Claudette 😊,
We have been at RPR For 17 nights now ( fly home tomorrow) and like I said the housekeeping is perfect.
Everything Disney seems to have really gone downhill except the price !

Sarah & Paul 😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were at POFQ. Daily room check where they may or may not take rubbish. Every couple of days they would leave towels, coffee etc and take trash. Full service every 4 days. Actually wasn’t a major issue except the day we got full service and they’d ran out of loo roll and didn’t bring any at all. I had to accost a housekeeping person the next day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

At pofq now, every other day they change towels and empty bin, that's it
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
At pofq now, every other day they change towels and empty bin, that's it
Sorry but that’s awful !
Our room at RPR is being cleaned , all bins emptied, bed made and all towels changes and bathroom restocked every day ! Cannot fault it. Then when we return at night the curtains have been closed and the bed turned down .

We are here again in September and we’re thinking of changing to Disney …… I think not now !

Sarah & Paul 😊
Old 14 May 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Sorry but that’s awful !
Our room at RPR is being cleaned , all bins emptied, bed made and all towels changes and bathroom restocked every day ! Cannot fault it. Then when we return at night the curtains have been closed and the bed turned down .

We are here again in September and we’re thinking of changing to Disney …… I think not now !
Our first 5 nights at portofino bay was full room service, weve been here 5 nights and not even had bed made, they restock the coffee and loo roll when the empty the bin
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Our first 5 nights at portofino bay was full room service, weve been here 5 nights and not even had bed made, they restock the coffee and loo roll when the empty the bin
Not good ! If Universal can do it so can Disney !

Sarah & Paul 😊
Old 14 May 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
While I’d prefer housekeeping daily the service we got at POFQ was fine. They tended to leave more of things because they were only stocking up every other day. We didn’t really need our beds made every day. The main issue for us was day 12 when we should have had a full service but she arrived too early so we just got towels and trash. In hindsight we should asked her to come back later as the floor really needed done.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
At Pop for an 11 night stay
Day 2 trash and towels
Day 4 full(ish) clean
Day 8 trash and towels
Day 10 full clean

Trash was not emptied for 4 days - some guests had put full bins outside their rooms 😕

Aventura full service every day- including an apology for not being able to replace the coffee as I had supposedly declined housekeeping one day (I'd obviously returned before they'd finished)

Edited at 03:58 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List