Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
General question what drew you to Disney?

Seriousl question what first got you all interested in Disney

Me I was around 6 or 7 and watched wonderful world of Disney and Disney time on bank holidays. I all ways hoped it be a cartoon when wonderful world of Disney came on When inwas a bit older I learned there was this place Disney land and I watched a programme on it anc my mother said love to go there of course we never had the money. A few years later I learned they opened another park Disneyworld I said to my mum one day I going there and I tell mickey about you she laughed and said that be nice. Sadly mum died 1980 but 20 years later I went cost a arm and a leg so to speak :erm but I went. The rest is history so to speak so over to you all how and when did you learn about Disney when did you start going.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I won a holiday there in 1981 for me , my wee brother and my mum and dad. My papa, who lived with us, paid to come as well.
I didn’t go back till 2013 and have now been 7 times since!
Old 16 May 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My dad took me to see Mary Poppins when I was about 6 and then my grandmother started taking me to see films on Saturday afternoons which were often Disney films so I think that’s where my interest started.

As I grew older married had a family and resigned myself to the fact I’d never be able to take my 2 children especially when I became a single mum I could barely afford a day trip to Rhyl.

I remarried had 2 more children and had a house to renovate so it wasn’t an option.

In 2002 I was pretty poorly so when I was better I was determined we would go so put it to the family if we missed a holiday the following winter and saved really hard we could go in September 2003 which is what we did.
Eldest son wasn’t interested (he’s still not interested)so the rest of us went had a great time and that’s why I’m now sitting in MK waiting for DH to come off Space Mountain.
Old 16 May 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Initially it was Disney Time for me too. I also saw an article on Blue Peter about the teacup ride at Disneyland.

In the 60s and 70s America was a very exciting place to watch on TV.

Once we had children we waited until the youngest was 4 and booked a trip in 1998. We wanted her to remember her once in a lifetime trip!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Hearing the class rich kid talking about it as part of their 6 week holiday to the US (mostly during term time!). That was in 1980 and I thought I’d never get to go myself. Fast forward three years, my parents split up, Dad moved to US and I went over to visit as an unaccompanied minor and had my first visit to WDW.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Dad loved America but always wanted to visit California. In 1981 I took him on what would prove to be his last holiday ever and we stopped for a day at Disneyland.

He was too unwell to do anything but sat down all day smoking and drinking coffee so was happy as Larry whilst I had a mooch around. Thought it was ok but nothing special. However the Big Sur, San Diego, San Francisco and Yosemite made it all worthwhile

Fast forward to 1994 when we had two Children and my work colleagues were going to WDW so I decided to save for it and go. That’s how the bug bit.

Been a couple of times since.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFan2012
Excited about Disney

I loved Disney movies growing up and then when I met my now husband, his family wanted to take a trip to Disney World. I wasn’t that up for it - thought it would be like 2 weeks in Alton Towers 🫣. I remember being on the flight on the way and asking questions about what parks there were and where we were staying - I knew nothing! That tripped changed everything for me, I loved it so much. We’ve returned many, many times since with family and trips as a couple.

I’m forever grateful that my hubby and his family introduced me to the place I love the most 😍

Previous trips: Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, Villa stays, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, Disney Cruises, Disneyland Paris, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside
DisneyFan2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I’d watched a few Disney movies as a child, and some as an adult, but never really “got” the theme parks, being quite bemused by a friend who went on a work celebration to DLP about 5 years after it opened.

Until 2010, when DH decided we really needed to take our 6 year old to WDW as a once in a lifetime experience. It was a convincing argument - old enough to remember it, young enough to love meeting princesses and other characters (favourite soft toy = piglet) and just tall enough to go on every ride.

Our once in a lifetime trip has slowly turned into DVC membership.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Gosh it was so long ago.

We used to fly TWA/Pan Am to visit relative in Nassau and Fly via LA for a few days . I must have gone to Disneyland from zero upwards as we have photos and cine film but I don’t remember it (I remember the first class lounge on the aircraft up the stairs and the bungalow at chateau Maemo the we used more than Disney )

My first real recollection was watching Disney on a bank holiday when Rolf Harris (yes I know ) presented it and saying I wanted to go and see Snow White at Disneyland and we did - over 50 years and I still go back .

I guess California means more to me than Disney but will be in Disneyworld Florida in less than 2 weeks time and am super excited !

Edited at 05:05 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I went to Disneyland when I was 14 with my cousin, never forget her face after Space Mountain 🙊🤢
We did Hollywood, Knotts Berry Farm, San Diego & San Francisco
Persuaded my Grandma to take my brother and I the following year to Orlando, I don’t think she was fussed, but I was hooked 🇺🇸🇺🇸
I wanted our Honeymoon out there, Dave said no, he didn’t want to share me with Mickey 🤷🤦🙄
Went to boring Maldives instead, way too hot, nothing much to do & not much in the way of cakes either
Now I’m pleased to say he’s come round to my way of thinking and loves it as much as me 🙊🙊💪💪

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List