Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 May 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pooh Bear
Getting Excited

DLP dining options for a newly diagnosed diabetic coeliac

Hi,

I’ve just been diagnosed with both type 2 diabetes and coeliacs disease (gluten intolerance) and we head to DLP in 3 weeks, staying at Sequoia Lodge. I’m haven’t got a clue what I’m going to eat and I’m getting a bit anxious about it, and it doesn’t help that we’re a fussy eater family who don’t like fish or seafood! I’ve got an appointment booked with the dieticians to go over everything but it isn’t until the end of June, so I’m just trying to do my own research in the meantime. The gluten issue is my main concern as I have to avoid it completely, so even sauces and gravy at buffets could be a problem.

I also have fibromyalgia and have been stressing myself for months about how I’ll manage all the walking and standing, but this latest news has completely thrown a spanner in the works. There’s always a silver lining though, at least with diabetes I qualify to ask for an easy access pass so slightly less time standing in queues! Trying to hang on to the positive at the mo!

I would really, really appreciate any guidance on where to eat within the parks/Disney village.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old 21 May 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Sorry no advice as such, but we’ve just got back and everywhere we ate asked us if we had any allergies (plaza gardens, auberge de cedrillion, colonial hathis and the sandwich place in the village) so I think they are quite well equipped for allergies. Hope you have a lovely holiday
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I can’t help with DLP food.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic in December and opted for a low carb low sugar diet. It’s been hugely successful for me, HBA1C gone from 91-39 If you need a chat pm me and I’m happy to share recipes etc, I know how overwhelmed I felt at the start of this.
Old 22 May 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Pooh Bear
Getting Excited

Wow, that’s a phenomenal result, well done you, you’re in the remission zone! I’m only just diabetic, with an HB1AC of 48 and a FB of 7.2, so was quite annoyed when the doc was really keen on me starting Metformin immediately. My stomach is a mess as it is without throwing that into the mix, and I’d much rather lifestyle control it, so I stated my case and she agreed, so I’m following a low sugar low carb already and trying to walk more. The coeliacs is the one that’s really knocked me, we like to eat out often and I’m really struggling having looked at menus for our favourite places. Feel like it’s harder to manage as it’s cutting everything out rather than cutting down. Hopefully will make me feel much healthier though.
Old 22 May 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Pooh Bear View Post
Wow, that’s a phenomenal result, well done you, you’re in the remission zone! I’m only just diabetic, with an HB1AC of 48 and a FB of 7.2, so was quite annoyed when the doc was really keen on me starting Metformin immediately. My stomach is a mess as it is without throwing that into the mix, and I’d much rather lifestyle control it, so I stated my case and she agreed, so I’m following a low sugar low carb already and trying to walk more. The coeliacs is the one that’s really knocked me, we like to eat out often and I’m really struggling having looked at menus for our favourite places. Feel like it’s harder to manage as it’s cutting everything out rather than cutting down. Hopefully will make me feel much healthier though.
You’ll get there. I used Metformin for the first few months but just diet now.

I don’t really eat gluten now other than 1 solitary ryvita as my night time snack. 😂

Good luck and if you want any recipe ideas just shout.
Old 23 May 22, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pooh Bear
Getting Excited

Thank you so much! I’ve ordered a pile of coeliac cook books to hopefully inspire me, in the hope the diabetic side of it will just run along side it.