Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 May 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte

Hi all!

Booked to go to New Orleans, Nashville and Charlotte in September.
5 nights in NOLA and Nashville and 4 in Charlotte (to see the NFL and visit a friend there).

Any recommendations from anyone who has been, we have a few things we want to see in each place such as Paddle boat/Steamboat in NOLA, jazz brunch etc and Opry in Nashville.

Food and drink recommendations also most welcome!

Thanks all!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

We went to New Orleans in September 2019. Did the natchez steamboat cruise Which was great and the bus tour was good to see all the sights. It's a nice city to walk around. Plenty of sea food restaurants!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I'm visiting Charlotte & Raleigh in July- would also be interested in any recommendations. Otherwise I'll update on my return 🙂
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We went to New Orleans in September 2019. Did the natchez steamboat cruise Which was great and the bus tour was good to see all the sights. It's a nice city to walk around. Plenty of sea food restaurants!
Sounds great! Thanks for replying!

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
I'm visiting Charlotte & Raleigh in July- would also be interested in any recommendations. Otherwise I'll update on my return 🙂
Oooh thank you, our friend lives in Raleigh so I think he is planning some things to do for us while we are there. Please do update on your return!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have been to New Orleans before but that was 19 years ago but we are back in July. We have booked the paddle steamer, and are booking the swamp tour. We are only there 3 nights before flying to Vegas so that is all we are booking. I’ve booked the restaurant Luke, as it’s near our hotel and is meant to be good.
Make sure you go to the original Cafe Du Monde in French Market for beignets. 19 years ago we couldn’t believe how cheap it was, I bet it’s expensive nowadays.
Garden District with all the old mansions also worth seeing.

Edited at 07:04 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Loved New Orleans ❤️🇺🇸
We went to Spotted Cat Jazz Club
Did the Natchez Steamboat ride up Mississippi
Went on a swamp tour & also a nighttime Ghost Tour too
All good a few drunks & homeless like any other city
Don’t bother with the Lakeside Shopping Mall very small, only good for Cheesecake Factory 🙊🙊😋😋
Make sure you catch the street cars too, lovely way to get around 😎
Ruby Slipper Cafe was the best breakfast we had, unfortunately I can’t find a food pic 🤦🤷🙄😂
Just to add found another restaurant we went to very nice & good location, Hubbie had Breakfast Seafood platter
Stanley’s restaurant

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

Edited at 07:06 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Been to Nashville 3 times, one of the best things we did on our last visit was a food and sightseeing tour. We ate at 4 places- bbq, Nashville hot chicken, a bakery and somewhere else I can't remember now. It ended with the local alcoholic drink of the bushwacker- very strong- like a frozen milkshake!

The tour guide was great and there was only 1 other couple on our tour. It lasted all morning. We booked through Viator.

Our favourite honky tonk on Broadway is Roberts Western World. The bands are absolutely amazing!

We've also visited New Orleans twice, we found a little square on Bourbon St (I think!) Which was a blessed relief from the busyness.
DS who was 22 on our last visit, was approached by an unsavoury character when we were walking down by the river, a group of her friends close by. A frightening experience. DH gave her $20 fir her to go away 😡

These were pre covid holidays
This was pre covid.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I have been to New Orleans before but that was 19 years ago but we are back in July. We have booked the paddle steamer, and are booking the swamp tour. We are only there 3 nights before flying to Vegas so that is all we are booking. I’ve booked the restaurant Luke, as it’s near our hotel and is meant to be good.
Make sure you go to the original Cafe Du Monde in French Market for beignets. 19 years ago we couldn’t believe how cheap it was, I bet it’s expensive nowadays.
Oh yes and how I could I forget about the beignets! We went to cafe beignet for ours
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Been to Nashville 3 times, one of the best things we did on our last visit was a food and sightseeing tour. We ate at 4 places- bbq, Nashville hot chicken, a bakery and somewhere else I can't remember now. It ended with the local alcoholic drink of the bushwacker- very strong- like a frozen milkshake!

The tour guide was great and there was only 1 other couple on our tour. It lasted all morning. We booked through Viator.

Our favourite honky tonk on Broadway is Roberts Western World. The bands are absolutely amazing!

We've also visited New Orleans twice, we found a little square on Bourbon St (I think!) Which was a blessed relief from the busyness.
DS who was 22 on our last visit, was approached by an unsavoury character when we were walking down by the river, a group of her friends close by. A frightening experience. DH gave her $20 fir her to go away 😡

These were pre covid holidays
This was pre covid.
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Oh yes and how I could I forget about the beignets! We went to cafe beignet for ours
Thank you all for your help! We are quite excited and I am enjoying the planning!
Old 28 May 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

In Nashville we can recommend Mas Tacos in East Nashville and Peg Leg Porkers for BBQ which is the the centre. Roberts Western World is the nicest bar on Broadway and the Station Inn is well worth a visit. Country Music Hall of Fame is excellent, allow a few hours as there is so much to see.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List