Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Struggling changing with VA flight+hotels

Hi,

One of the reasons I booked with Virgin was their change policy being so flexible

Our holiday (11 nights in Cabana Bay standard room plus return flights) has dropped by £500.

So I called them and asked how much to upgrade to a family suite or move to Sapphire Falls. They want hundreds extra from me to change than the same would cost if I was to book it fresh.

Any ideas please why I'm having this? She kept quoting an admin fee of £200 for four of us to make changes, but I read on their change policy that there shouldn't be any fees.
sandslash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

is this with VH?

i am not sure that you can amend only take a voucher to use at a later date - perhaps you need to do this?
Old 26 May 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
is this with VH?

i am not sure that you can amend only take a voucher to use at a later date - perhaps you need to do this?
It's virgin Atlantic flights plus hotels which I believe is operatybu Virgin Holidays.

I'm nervous to cancel and take a voucher and would prefer them to change, but perhaps you're right maybe thats the best way for me to get the best value.
Old 26 May 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
flywith.virginatlantic/g...es-policy.html
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

I think you can only change if it’s a change of dates. I called to check before we booked.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris71
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by sandslash View Post
It's virgin Atlantic flights plus hotels which I believe is operatybu Virgin Holidays.

I'm nervous to cancel and take a voucher and would prefer them to change, but perhaps you're right maybe thats the best way for me to get the best value.

After yet another change to our flights later this year I checked the VA website for alternatives and found the MAN-MCO flight on the same dates was now about the same as the flights I booked LHR-MIA (originally flight MAN was £780 dearer). So I contacted them via the messaging link to change and expected to pay an additional £54 per person due to the price difference. However was quoted £188.61 per person by the person on the messaging service. I queried this and they stated the fares I have seen were no longer available, yet I was looking at them live on their own website. Needless to say I didn't change at that point. However after feeling pee'd off I tried again and thankfully on 2nd time of trying and with a different advisor changed the flights to the ones I'd seen for £54 per person.

So I'd certainly try again but it maybe because you are not changing/rebooking more wanting to upgrade thats the issue?
I considered the voucher initially but it can take up to 72hrs to process so you need to bear that in mind that the prices and availability may be a lot different by the time you get your voucher to rebook.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Chris71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Chris71 View Post
After yet another change to our flights later this year I checked the VA website for alternatives and found the MAN-MCO flight on the same dates was now about the same as the flights I booked LHR-MIA (originally flight MAN was £780 dearer). So I contacted them via the messaging link to change and expected to pay an additional £54 per person due to the price difference. However was quoted £188.61 per person by the person on the messaging service. I queried this and they stated the fares I have seen were no longer available, yet I was looking at them live on their own website. Needless to say I didn't change at that point. However after feeling pee'd off I tried again and thankfully on 2nd time of trying and with a different advisor changed the flights to the ones I'd seen for £54 per person.

So I'd certainly try again but it maybe because you are not changing/rebooking more wanting to upgrade thats the issue?
I considered the voucher initially but it can take up to 72hrs to process so you need to bear that in mind that the prices and availability may be a lot different by the time you get your voucher to rebook.
Since I've posted the discount has gone down from £500 cheaper to £360 cheaper.

Due to the fact I can't guarantee when the voucher for my deposit would arrive (and the price may have changed again!) And when I've rung both times I've had terrible customer service who've made it extremely complicated for me, I think I'm going to stick as I am.

Thanks for all your help. They don't seem to like to stick to their policy and my gut feeling is that it's sharky deliberate tactics rather than customer service staff who don't know the rules...
Old 27 May 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

To be fair you are looking to upgrade rather than cancel or move the holiday which is what the policy is for.
Surely any other change means an admin fee