Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 May 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Which Universal Resort Hotel?

Looking for some help. We are planning on a 7 day stay at Universal as a base for both Universal and SeaWorld. We are looking at choosing between Aventura, Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls. One of our party has a motorised wheelchair so easy access to the parks is our number one priority. We don't think we would benefit enough from the express passes to stay at a premier tier hotel and would defintely prefer a hotel we can walk to the Universal parks from. Which hotel would be best for us?
Thanks for any advice

Edited at 03:58 PM.
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

All of those hotels are great you won't be dissapointed!

Sapphire Falls has the shortest walk to CityWalk (10 minutes) and it also has a boat that takes you directly into the middle of CityWalk. That means you don't have to go through security at the parking lot like you do if you get the bus.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

If you are planning on going to volcano bay, cabana bay has its own dedicated entrance.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Sapphire falls for me. We had it booked for last October but had it cancelled so it’s definitely on my list for the future!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Aventura and Sapphire Falls share the same roadway so you can get the boat from walking across the drive to Sapphire Falls from Aventura or walk also. There’s never a need to take any bus from Aventura which also has an entrance to Volcano Bay, literally outside the back gate.

Here’s what I’d say about them.

Sapphire Falls is very nice, but usually more expensive than Aventura. It is more a traditional themed hotel and seems very nicely done out for a moderate. Would suit adults, younger and older children.

Cabana Bay is lesser quality, more younger family orientated. I have only visited BTW, but impression is it is less sophisticated than the other two but a lot of facilities. I wouldn’t be particularly bothered about staying there if it was just Mrs YT and I.

Aventura, think a bit like Bay Lake Tower, but actually nicer. We very much enjoyed our stay there. More sophisticated and trendy. With young children perhaps not as good as either of the other two (although no issue) but more suitable than Cabana Bay for more style conscious teens and their embarrassing parents or adults only. Very nice bars, particularly the rooftop one and good food. If this hotel was say in a British city centre it would be the trendy place to stay with its glass, polished concrete floors, and robot helpers. Can be excellent value for the quality on offer. Rooms not that large, we had connecting. My then 12 and 15 year old loved Aventura. In fact if it had the free Express Pass given the value it offers it would be our first choice, but we like having Express Passes.

Edited at 04:45 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

You say easy access to the Universal parks is your number one priority? In that case, Sapphire Falls is the easiest. It has the water taxi right outside of Guest House 3 or you can walk by taking the path right next to the water taxi. You go through security either at the boat dock (usually shortest queue) or at the end of the walking path that connects to CityWalk.

Aventura is across the carpark from Sapphire Falls, so you could also stay there, but it's about 5 minutes further as you'll need to cross the carpark (there is pavement and signs), enter Sapphire Falls, and take the lift down to the water taxi.

Cabana Bay has the bus if you'd like to take it. The bus will bring you straight to CityWalk's regular entrance in the parking garage.

We have stayed in Sapphire Falls and Aventura. Saw large number of all sorts of families in both hotels (young ones, babies, teens, adults). Our kids preferred the pool at Sapphire Falls. Staying in Aventura (or any Universal hotel except the Endless Summer ones) means you can use the pools at Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, and Portofino.

You have good options.
Old 27 May 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Sapphire falls would get my vote out of the 3
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Just to add I've recently returned from Aventura and got the bus into the parks in the morning by choice. It was quicker than walking to SF and getting the water taxi. I would then get the boat back - after checking the length of the queue.
I loved Aventura - I've stayed at CB and SF and it would be my first choice ( adult - no kids). Plenty of pics on my live photo report.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Just to add I've recently returned from Aventura and got the bus into the parks in the morning by choice. It was quicker than walking to SF and getting the water taxi. I would then get the boat back - after checking the length of the queue.
I loved Aventura - I've stayed at CB and SF and it would be my first choice ( adult - no kids). Plenty of pics on my live photo report.
Problem with this is you have to go through security at Universal Studios if you take the bus, then walk through the Citywalk. The boat drops you right outside Hard Rock cross the lake with no security at the Studios. The boat should be much quicker really. It only took a few minutes to walk to the water taxi from Aventura and we never really waited for a water taxi or didn’t get on. This was July or August 2019.
Agree with you on Aventura it’s a great resort for the money. If Sapphire Falls was the same price I’d pick that maybe, but it’s usually quite a bit more.
Old 28 May 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cabana Bay is amazing!