Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 May 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Funny Holiday Complaints

This was from a few years ago still makes me laugh

We bought ‘Ray-Ban’ sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”

“We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”

“On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”

It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time – this should be banned.”

“I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

“I was bitten by a mosquito – no-one said they could bite.”

“We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”

“We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”

A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.

“The beach was too sandy.”

A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she’d been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.

“There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners.”

“The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying here?”

“My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”

“Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”

“It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home.”

“No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Our old neighbours went to Cuba on holiday when they got back we asked how it was the answer was “it was ok but very Hispanic”
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

I read one review of Cuba which complained of broken shells on the beach😂
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I. Bet us villa owners could make you all laugh so l will start with some of ours over the last 16 years
Can you get the chlorine out the pool it’s irritating the kids eyes when they are in the pool all day
We want a refund it rained from 2pm to 5pm ( this was August ) we missed the parade at Disney
We can’t use the pool it’s got a fence round it
The kitchen is poorly equipped there is no cake slice ( that one really narked me as I cook bake etc in the villa it did a previous guest had put in a cup with the cupcake and cake stsnd )
Thsrs no hook on the en-suite door for my bath robe
A random guy came round to clean the pool can this not be done when guests are out
Answer nope we don’t know your schedule and we tell you pool cleaning days lawn cutting days
We were expected to put the trash cans out
I could go on 99.9% of the time I give a polite response that .1 % I ignore as it’s so stupid
Our PM laughs as we’ve on a chalk board in the kitchen his number our number and in big letters we are 5 hours behind this week at 2am our time guests honed to say they couldn’t charge there devices there’s usb sockets in the kitchen one by the sofa and on the new lamps in the masters and a frog in the pool can you get someone to fish it out
Ok I can but it’s $50 call out as you can use the pool net to fish it out and leave it out sife the pool cage and Freddy will hop to ( we’ve a net and a skimmer net )
Oh We’ve been that guest in Antigua in November I couldn’t get the gas cooker to light completely missed the matches by the side but our Airbnb host thought she’d better tell us we needed matches
The same Airbnb caused much laughter every time we put=the shower on one of there parrots wolf whistled when it heard it come on we had a great time there though
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a sort-of ‘funny’ complaint about a hotel we went to in Wales.

We went down for breakfast one morning and included in our stay were 6 choices off the menu e.g. egg, hash browns, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, beans etc and a cup of tea or coffee.

If you wanted to, you could substitute one of the six food items for an orange juice, which is what I did.

DH stuck with foods.

So the waitress brings us our selections and just before she walks off, she offers DH a complimentary orange juice. He gratefully says yes please and she goes off to fetch it.

A few minutes later she returns and apologises that there is no orange juice left and proceeds to brandish an empty glass, of which she pours half of MY orange juice into, then hands it to DH.

I have to be honest, we didn’t complain because it was so damn funny at the time…very Faulty Towers.
Old 28 May 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Working as a holiday rep overseas for many years, some of the complaints/requests I received really made you wonder sometimes.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I used to work for an airline and I had one customer tell that me that he was entitled to a refund as it wasn’t his and his wife’s fault that she was pregnant…😳
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I dont know if its true, but in one of Alan Carrs stand up hes talking about reviews on trip advisor and hes said one gave stonehenge a bad review because there was no gift shop 🤣
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Not quite the same but I recall us being on an all inclusive somewhere one year.
My wife fell and hurt herself from a faulty chair.
Hotel were very apologetic .
They must have had a meeting to discuss how to apologise gift / compensation wise ( not that we asked for any)
They sent to our room a bowl of fruit and some wine.
While not wanting to appear ungrateful or unappreciative of the gesture , we’d could have ( given we were all- inclusive ) just helped ourselves to said items ourselves anyway
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I dont know if its true, but in one of Alan Carrs stand up hes talking about reviews on trip advisor and hes said one gave stonehenge a bad review because there was no gift shop 🤣
Doubt this is true; who on earth could miss the very BIG gift shop at Stonehenge?
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List