Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You're not being silly but even if he and your kids have never bothered before it must be disappointing. I always send my paretnts and in-laws Anniversary Cards every year but no-one else in the famlily does and my in-laws never send us one !

Congratulations on "surviving" 30 years together - I would just book a meal for tomorrow night for your favourite restaurant and tell him you're both going out and enjoy

Edited at 10:10 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t send anniversary cards to other couples, I’ve always just kind of assumed it’s their thing to celebrate and wouldn’t send one.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

*** Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary ***
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy anniversary x 🎉💐🍹
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

Happy 30th Anniversary

I feel sorry for you,i would be so upset if my husband was like that.DH always does something lovely for our Anniversary and i get spoilt.

We always send a card to our parents and buy a gift on the more special Anniversaries,my mum would be so disappointed if i didn't send her a card.

I hope you get to do something nice together.
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Happy Anniversary. I hope you at least had a glass of wine to celebrate.

We had our 28th wedding anniversary on the 9th Feb. It's my DD's birthday on the 10th, so we've always tended to "do" our anniversaries by ourselves, and the kids have never been encouraged to buy us a card - it's "our" time, I suppose. And DD's birthday the following day too.

We spent our 25th anniversary in NY and Orlando - and flew our adult children to Orlando for that leg of the holiday with us.

This year we went to Austria for a long weekend - with DD (24! ). She has a friend who lives there, and we visited the city where she lives. Our anniversary was spent with DD, her friend and the friend's boyf too

Not romantic, but very nice

If I want a holiday for my anniversary, I tend to organise it. But DH does get me a card and flowers, and we usually have a nice meal which DH will sometimes cook for me at home (if we have the place to ourselves )

Deb
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My parents have been married for 48 years this year, and I've never not given them a card and I would feel so bad if I ever forgot, even if we're away for it we will leave a card for them and FaceTime them. My 2 older sisters do too, and we're all married & over the age of 35. We all send each other a card on our wedding anniversaries too, it's just the way we are. So I would be really upset too!

I would also be upset if my husband didn't acknowledge our anniversary, we don't always go out but we always get each other a card and have a nice dinner at home if we're staying in. Even my kids who are 10 & 12 nearly send us a card that they make at home, it's really important to us as a family that we remember these things!

I would be making it perfectly clear that I wasn't happy!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Not an excuse but does DH remember it's 30 years?

I've been married less and struggle to say how many it is if someone asks ! Plus I know DH is the same as we both struggle if asked together .

What about suggesting a nice meal out at the weekend to celebrate your special anniversary. I know neither of us like going out in the week as we have work the next day. Could that be why your DH doesn't want to go out today?

Not ideal that you always have to sort and arrange, but some people are just better at that. Your DH has perhaps just relied on that. I know my DH does too !
Yes he did know it was our 30th anniversary and he doesn't work Thursday or Friday as he's semi retired now and although I work on Friday it's not until the afternoon.
We both work all day Saturday so never go out unless we're invited somewhere.
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Once again thanks to everyone for your replies and well wishes.
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
You're not being silly but even if he and your kids have never bothered before it must be disappointing. I always send my paretnts and in-laws Anniversary Cards every year but no-one else in the famlily does and my in-laws never send us one !

Congratulations on "surviving" 30 years together - I would just book a meal for tomorrow night for your favourite restaurant and tell him you're both going out and enjoy

Thank you, unfortunately I work late on Friday and then we're both up early on Saturday for work