Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jun 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

I've taken norethisterone and for 21 days or so.
Gp prescribed about 84 pills or so. My periods are slightly irregular so i was unable to calculate the exact due date. We were away for just over 3 weeks and unfortunately my period was due in the first week.
I think I had to take 3 tablets a day no side effects other than a slight tummy ache / cramp... Period arrived as usual once I stopped the tablet.

However GP was not happy to prescribe them to dd at age 14/15 and did point pit that they were not licensed for this purpose under 16... I think though it is up to the GP discretion. This GP went down the 'artificial hormone ' route as well.

Dd just coped and on the very heavy days we did theme parks... I believe that swimming / being in the pool will ' stop' the flow due to equal pressure ... Now before I get slated for this... It's only something that has been mentioned to me in passing and I have no idea if it's true ... I wouldn't be comfortable without a tampon at least

Xx Ff Xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

The best way to avoid periods while on holiday & avoid the moodiness etc that Norethisterone can cause is to take it a cycle prior to going away to "move" your period, you also aren't trying to remember to take them several times a day.
Diary dolls briefs( leak proof back up) are available from debenhams/john lewis if you are worried about leakage with a towel while out and about.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You’ve all been so fantastically helpful. Thank you so much

Jane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
I believe that swimming / being in the pool will ' stop' the flow due to equal pressure ... Now before I get slated for this... It's only something that has been mentioned to me in passing and I have no idea if it's true ...
I won't slate you, but will point out that it's simply not true. People with light enough periods to swim generally don't really bleed that much per hour so can 'get away with it' as such.

People that don't have light enough periods to allow swimming (even with protection) generally stay out of the pool and prevent the slaughter scene.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Firelily
Proud to wear my Ears

Sorry i haven't read the replies, so this may have been mentioned, but I used PantyProp swimwear. They are from the US but they worked really well so worth it.

pantyprop/propswim-period-swimwear

They do bottoms or one piece, you can put a pad in them, I used them for our Discovery Cove day and had no issues.
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter was the same at that age and would miss synchronised swimming comps due to periods as she refused to wear tampax
Don’t push her is my advice
Go with what she wants to do
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Can I ask a really numpty question. So you take this tablet and your period is deferred. Once you stop taking them your period starts.

So the period AFTER that one -does your cycle restart from the date your deferred period started or does it revert to say 28 days (or whatever) after the date it should have happened if you hadn't taken it?

Confused? I am !

Edited at 01:02 AM.
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bumping - does anybody know the answer to this please?
Old 16 Jun 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

My DD took Norethisterone for a trip to the jungle in Central America last year (toilets were basically a ditch). When she came back and stopped the tablet her period started 3 days later (it was extra heavy) This then basically reset her cycle and the next one came a month later. The first time she ever used a tampon was at Discovery Cove strangely enough!
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Can I ask a really numpty question. So you take this tablet and your period is deferred. Once you stop taking them your period starts.

So the period AFTER that one -does your cycle restart from the date your deferred period started or does it revert to say 28 days (or whatever) after the date it should have happened if you hadn't taken it?

Confused? I am !
After stopping the Norethisterone you will get your deferred period, then your period should go back to every four weeks (or what ever your cycle normally is) it won’t go back to the original dates.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List