Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Big fan of BG and very much looking forward to visiting next year. Awesome coasters and great animal interaction.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I see alot more mixed reviews on the dibb with regards to BG. some love it and defend it, some have had bad experiances.

I loved the rollercoasters, cheeter hunt broke down twice while we were in the queue. the park its self is less desirable and we wouldnt go back again, not unless we have kids that would want to go and do it
Old 28 Jun 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I've always had a great day here. The rides are brilliant! Very low wait times too. We did the safari last year which was worth the money too.
Fraser789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Rumours? They are other people’s personal opinions, here’s ours. We love Busch Gardens it’s a must do every trip, yes it’s quiet during off season which is great for getting on the big coasters, but summer can have very long queues. The rides are great and so are the animals love going to see the gorillas and tigers, the animal encounters are brilliant particularly the Tigers upclose behind the scenes tour and Serengeti Safari where you get to feed the giraffes, have also done behind the scenes with the elephants where we got to feed and get up close.
Can’t really comment on the food we tend to get iced coffee and cake from the bakery when we arrive and then not usually eat again until on the way back. We find theme park food everywhere is overpriced and pretty ‘naff’ lol

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonmadlad View Post
Gwazi was the best, unfortunately it’s permanently closed due to too many complaints from riders that it was too agressive, personally I think it was their best ride, being a wooden roller coaster it was very different to anything else they have.
Yeah Gwazi sadly missed, having loved it for so many years.

Even my lot moaned about it shaking their teeth, hurting their backs... bunch of unfit whiners if you ask me
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

We also love BG fantastic roller coasters we last went November 2016 short queues and none of the rides were down. It was decorated for Xmas with lovely coloured trees, it was very pretty.

We are going again this November and will be trying the all day dine for the first time. We always travel to Clearwater early in the morning, spend the day on the beach and fishing off the pier, overnight stay, get to BG for opening then drive back to Orlando.
Gilly120 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Yeah Gwazi sadly missed, having loved it for so many years.

Even my lot moaned about it shaking their teeth, hurting their backs... bunch of unfit whiners if you ask me
Haha, it was still fun, but undeniably horrendously rough, and also by all accounts, starting to rot. Sad that it had such a relatively short lifespan but I imagine it was a health & safety nightmare.
Old 28 Jun 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I assume by "rumours" what the OP is referring to is Seaworld considering selling it's Busch Gardens theme parks?

As far as I'm aware, it's not been confirmed that Seaworld is trying to sell Busch Gardens. There was some talk about Seaworld selling some/all of it's theme park business around October last year but we've heard nothing since.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

We were there yesterday and had a lovely day. My DD loves thrill rides and DS loves animals though.

Wait times were about 40 mins for the popular rides and the queues for food were long at lunchtime. I haven't seen it quite so busy before but still manageable. Lightning shut the rides down for a short while but we found some cover in the gift stores and cafes so it didn't spoil the day.

As others have said, the theming is nothing like Disney or Universal but there are still some nice touches and the grounds are lovely. The Serengheti Safari is well worth it if you haven't tried it before I think. We also like the ride out there. I would go back anyway.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Busch Gardens was absolutely brilliant!

In all honesty (and I probably shouldn't be admitting this on a Disney based board!) we had a better day at Busch Gardens than any of the Disney parks on our most recent trip. The thrill rides are fantastic, the park is quiet so you can ride them all multiple times, and the theming is lovely too. Not Disney standards but still good.

Would thoroughly recommend it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List