Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Always offer everyone a drink, even if only here for a quote/short job. If all day at the house, offer drinks with biscuits (or cake if I've baked) on arrival, mid morning, lunchtime and a couple of times in the afternoon. If in the yard/fields, offer drinks hot or cold, and ice lollies in the summer.

Yorkshire hospitality
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I offer tea once in the morning shortly after they arrive and then again after lunch. I get into a tailspin if they ask me for coffee or sugar and have to rummage around the far corners of the pantry to see if I have any. I have had to put brown sugar in tea several times. I never offer biscuits or cake as I rarely have any in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We had some builders in doing a couple of weeks work outside. I made drinks when they arrived then every hour or two after that. I also did toast and jam mid morning and buisvuits in the afternoon.
A couple of years ago we had a young guy replacing our 3 bathrooms. He didn’t speak the best English but we managed to converse and he worked like an absolute Trojan. He never stopped for a drink and would drink it while working. He also never brought any lunch so I would make him a sandwich while making mine. He was such a nice guy and so hardworking that I didn’t mind. I am obviously way too hospitable! 😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
i offer several and have been known to provide bacon sandwiches as well as cake and biscuits.
My dad does this, also if they are popping to Costco they have been known to bring back cooked chickens etc lol
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I offer one whenever I'm making one for myself; which is usually as soon as my mug is empty! We had a guy fitting our new bedroom and it would have felt rude to leave my office (the room next door to where he was working) and go and make one just for myself. We've got one of those one cup water heaters/kettles so it's no bother to make an extra one.

Our window cleaner always accepts a cup of tea and his apprentice has a glass of pop. The tea takes longer to drink than cleaning the windows! I think he likes having a chat with my hubby!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dh is a builder and loves his tea, he complains He was there all day and didn’t get a cup of tea. He has had people chatting to him drinking tea while he works and not offer him a cup! He takes a sandwich but would love a cup of tea or coffee. If they were in my house they would get at least four cups, I have always put out biscuits as well. Dh has been cooked meals and taken out for lunch usually by old ladies!
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I offer every couple of hours and give them a packet of biscuits (so I’m not tempted).

One of my neighbours takes drinks out to workmen in the street, eg BT or road-resurfacing workers we get from time to time !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Slightly off topic, but I don't drink tea or coffee and don't have visitors.

My dear Mum died of cancer in September and the Vicar came around to sort out arrangments for her funeral. The night before I rushed out to buy tea, coffee and sugar.

I dutifully offered him a drink and he wanted... water!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List