Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I suspect one reason they have done it they have just announced free kids dining offers in the USA and want to keep the costs down.
The thing is, if its cost saving then why let people upgrade kids to adult tickets for as little as £20 ?

I guess if you paid oop for the dining plan or upgraded it then its a lot more but I wonder how many people do that ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
The thing is, if its cost saving then why let people upgrade kids to adult tickets for as little as £20 ?

I guess if you paid oop for the dining plan or upgraded it then its a lot more but I wonder how many people do that ?
I think only the kids is free on this US deal- so you can’t upgrade it. So they’ve cracked down so the free is truly only kids meals.
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I imagine that it has started costing Disney more since the introduction of alcoholic drinks on the DDP. With it not differentiating between adult and child credits, people were using the credits for their children’s meals as an adult one for an extra alcoholic drink.

It was a nice loophole while it lasted.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

I think unfortunately it's probably accurate that you can't use an adult credit to pay for a kid's meal. The way it's being reported, the credits are now separated into adult and kids and the tills aren't set up to accept a kid's credit against an adult meal. I'm speculating but I suspect at the moment at least, the same is true for the tills not being able to apply an adult credit against a kid's meal. Think Little Britain: Computer says no. Hopefully I'm wrong or if not, Disney will change things so adult credits can be used for kids meals.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
I think unfortunately it's probably accurate that you can't use an adult credit to pay for a kid's meal. The way it's being reported, the credits are now separated into adult and kids and the tills aren't set up to accept a kid's credit against an adult meal. I'm speculating but I suspect at the moment at least, the same is true for the tills not being able to apply an adult credit against a kid's meal. Think Little Britain: Computer says no. Hopefully I'm wrong or if not, Disney will change things so adult credits can be used for kids meals.
I'll be complaining to guest services if I get the kids a pizza at blaze, or a burger at d luxe and they won't accept a child credit.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
So we’ve arrived a WDW, first time using qsdp this trip today at BOG. We upgraded our 3 year old to an adult and ordered a kids meal for her but they won’t allow a child’s meal to be redeemed on an adult credit. No hardship as we’re happy to pay oop, that was kinda the plan anyway, but just a heads up if anyone wasn’t aware. When I upgraded I was told on the phone I wouldn’t be able to order off the kids menu and pay with an adult credit.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by rinroo View Post
So we’ve arrived a WDW, first time using qsdp this trip today at BOG. We upgraded our 3 year old to an adult and ordered a kids meal for her but they won’t allow a child’s meal to be redeemed on an adult credit. No hardship as we’re happy to pay oop, that was kinda the plan anyway, but just a heads up if anyone wasn’t aware. When I upgraded I was told on the phone I wouldn’t be able to order off the kids menu and pay with an adult credit.
That seems crazy that you can't use an adult credit to pay for a child's meal. I understand why they don't want to let children have adult meals on a child's credit but an adult meal would cost more that a child's so it doesn't make sense that they won't allow an adult credit to be used for a child's meal. Something needs to be changed on their systems.
Old 9 Feb 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

That is crazy and a real issue for us with a 10 year old who wants to eat off the kids menu 50 % of the time.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

Following this with interest.

I've a 4 and a 7 year old and was originally thinking of upgrading from QSDP to DDP, but I've ruled that out now. Now thinking about adulting them for just £20 to give a better Snack exchange and variety, particularly for the 7 year old.

Worst case if we do adult them, we (the adults) will use the extra adult credits and pay OOP for kids meals.
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

This is putting me off considering free DDP for 2021. Won't feel as "all inclusive" if your having to grapple with menus, and you know kids they want what they want, whether that be from the kids menu or adults.
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List