Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Sep 12, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day 5: Big Fish, Big Sur, Big Fog,

and it should end with Big Sulks but I ran out of room !

We are awake at 5.30 today which is an hour later than normal so quite a result. Our usual morning routine now is to upload all the previous days pictures onto our hard drive and then on to photobucket, update Andys Facebook page to keep the folks at home in touch and to go over the incredible spreadsheet to review the day ahead.

All this is done in whispers to avoid disturbing the “bears with sore heads who need much hibernation” , otherwise known as 3 boys who seem to require disproportionate amounts of time in their beds in relation to their actual physical size and level of daily exertion. Who knew that using the ipad could be so exhausting

During the night the hoodies have clearly tried to escape as they are in a pile by the door, arms stretched out pleadingly “wash me , wash ,me”. No chance, at least two more days to go yet. I muse on the fact that we have each used 5 days of clean t shirts – not one which has seen the light of day or camera flash yet will all still need washing when we get to LA. Clearly we could have had the same one on all this time and no-one would have been any the wiser !

At 6.30 Andy goes off to get a “pre breakfast” of warm cinnamon rolls and coffee from the breakfast area – as a freebie , its really much better than we expected. The smell of food clearly too much to resist and the boys are up and about at a reasonable 8am and not even whingeing – obviously saving it all for later on the journey. We all go over for breakfast and its warm ,(free, did I mention that) and very nice so with hamster pouches suitably stocked, we load up the car with our one case and check out. We are very impressed at the internet bookings made so far, they really have gone without a hitch.

today's arty bird shot

The guy says we can leave the car in the hotel car park while we explore the aquarium. We take a nice walk down Cannery Row which is coming awake and looks quite good fun. We stop a couple who are walking their boxer dogs to chat with them as we are missing our pooches terribly – we are just such suckers for boxers, always stopping to fuss them and these dogs are the usual loonies, doing the kidney bean circular dance wagging their bums about. We were so excited we didnt even take a photo !

to be continued ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List