Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Oct 12, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day 16:Epcot,Le Cellier & Cirque

Up at 0715 and out at 0815 . I cant say it went like clockwork because it probably didn’t and involved some shouting, threats and tantrums. And that was just getting Andy up !

I am under orders not to be park commando tyrant and that apparently it really is OK not to be at rope drop ( not in my book it isn’t) so I am trying really hard not to look at my watch and tut every two seconds. And failing miserably. We wait for a bus and wait and wait and in that time we see 4 for Magic Kingdom, 3 for Animal Kingdom, 2 Hollywood Studios and 1 for DTD. As we begin to think we could maybe walk there quicker an Epcot bus arrives. Hoorah. So we are off at 0840 and arriving at bag check at 0900.

The excitement was clearly already too overhwelming

Bag check is super slow. Really slow, slower than a slow thing in the slow lane having a break down and yes Ma’am I really need you to open ALL the zippers on your infeasibly large rucksack in case you are hiding a small child in there.

In at last, actually its only 0910 so in the end , only just after park opening. We were last here over Easter when it was , frankly, a total rugby scrum in every park. This feels altogether more civilised.
We head straight to the Character Spot – this will be the best way for us to get some piccies without a long wait. It’s a 5 minute wait and we are out by 0925

Waiting for our photopass piccies to come so am hoping they will be even better than our snaps - we had good fun in here, the characters and their minders were really great
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We then go straight across to Innoventions to get on Sum of All Thrills. Which they get straight onto at 0930 and all off by 0945.

They set off to do Mission Space

while I go to get Soarin fast passes.

I made a bit of an error here as the timing isn’t great – the fps are for 1135-1235 and we have an ADR at Le Cellier at 12 . In hindsight I should have come to get these while they were on SOAT. But still its 1000. We have had photos with the Fab 5, done SOAT and Mission Space and got Soarin FPS. Not bad given that we are not commando touring !

We stop to watch the Jammitors

which we enjoy and then over to Club Cool for when it opens at 1030.

The flavours are as horrible as I remembered them and Jamie is restrained from buying lots of coke related tat that he really does not need.

We walk back across to Innoventions and do the “where’s the fire game” which is ok and the boys are pleased that they score more than we do.

all the way to Orlando to play on the xbox

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 12, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

As time is ticking towards our fastpasses we go over to the Land building and hop onto the boats around 1115 but we get held up for a bit which necessitates me doing the watch checking and tutting thing again as we get closer to ADR time.

insert your own caption here ...

scary LWTL alligators !

Finally we are off at 1142 and onto Soarin. We are never going to get to Le Cellier for 12 now but hopefully only a few minutes late.
We ask for the top row, which means being held back for one flight ( tick tock, tick tock), but its really good and we all enjoy it.

We are off at 1205 and commando touring or not , everyone is on a quick march to the World Showcase.

Old 6 Oct 12, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We arrive at Le Cellier at 1215 and the lady is really sweet about the fact that we are sweaty panting wrecks about to eat in her posh nosh house.

I am quite excited about eating in here – for 1 TS credit at lunch, this seems like the best value for us.

Its quite busy already but not packed out . We have a server who is really nice but has this most irritating laugh after everything she says. Maybe she is super nervous or one of us has our knickers showing or spinach in our teeth and she cant bring herself to tell us – we will never know.

The food does not disappoint from the scrummy bread to the main event. I have the Filet with risotto ( the rice is a tad salty for my taste but the steak is outstanding), Andy and Connor have the Strip Steak , Nick and Jamie have the cheeseburger ( which is far too much for Jamie). I have the maple crème brulee, Andy has cheesecake and Nick has chocolate moose. The other two cant face dessert. It is all super scrummy and comes to $169 with the drinks as well. So 5 TS credits well spent and a $25 tip.

Old 6 Oct 12, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The restaurant is much quieter as we roll out at 1.30 , all feeling slightly overstuffed and a bit sick as we hit the sunlight.

An Old Key West bus is waiting for us and as a stroke of luck as we pull into Hospitality House we see the Alamo courtesy shuttle –which we are about to book for ourselves so being cheeky we ask if we can hop on board and after a quick check, we are good to go. We have to wait for the Riley family though as they booked it – but after 15 minutes they don’t show so we get taken on our own – result !

Alamo is very efficient and Andy chooses a nice shiny red Chrysler. I will leave you to work out how 5 people, 6 cases and assorted hand luggage all fitted in this on our last day. It was, shall we say, an interesting challenge.

By 3pm we are back at OKW with our shiny car and so now have the choice of whether to go by bus or spend days going round in circles using the car and satnav. And of course, we choose the car because its got to be quicker and more reliable than the buses, innit ?

Andy sets off to Walgreens as he has some nasty mouth ulcers ( and he wants to drive the new car very fast without me nagging him, and he thinks I don’t know this is his plan). We chill out in the Villa and I try to contain my excitement at doing the ironing.

Andy is back at 4.30 just as it starts to tip down with rain. We need have tickets for Cirque at 6pm so think that leaving at 5pm will be plenty of time on the bus. And we wait and wait and at 5.35 Andy is on the verge of getting the car when the right bus arrives but of course the roads are busy and its tanking down with rain so its all super slow.

We get off at the Pleasure Island stop and don ponchos while at the same time executing a “light jog” trying not to slip over in the pooling rain. I also realise that white top in the rain isn’t a clever idea and wonder if my bright blue shorts are going to run and I am going to end up looking like a Smurf that fell in the washing machine.

We arrive at Cirque at 5.50 and just enough time to get some popcorn and take our seats. No pics allowed which is a shame. Its quite a spectacular show. I am not sure which is my favourite part – I loved the trampolining, the boys liked the stunts with the bikes and the diablo spinners . The Acrobatics and theming is quite amazing . Andy enjoyed it so much he nodded off but fortunately didn’t snore too loudly.

We are out at 1940 and DTD is busy – it’s a Saturday night and we hadn’t really thought about what that would look like. Having woken up, Andy is a bit tetchy and finding somewhere to eat is presenting a challenge but we finally manage to get a table at Cookes of Dublin where some fish and chips soon restore his humour. We have 2 lots of fish and chips, I get a chicken pie and Nick has a cheeseburger( for a change). Jamie is stuffed full of popcorn so doesn’t have anything. We also get a fruit cup and some brownies. Total of 4 CS credits , with drinks and comes to a value of $47. Its all very nice, except there is a lot of pastry on the pie and that makes it a bit dry.

DTD unsurprisingly looked the same as it did last night so no need to repeat the pics !

We feel much better after our food but a bit tired so its on the bus back to OKW but not until Jamie manages to spill his popcorn all over the pavement. Happy birds tomorrow then. We stop at the store in OKW and get some Donut Holes for breakfast,mm mm healthy.

We have had a great day , we did lots of things in Future World at Epcot, had a scrummy lunch at Le Cellier, picked up our car , watched the stunning Cirque Show, had a nice CS meal in DTD and it doesn’t feel like we raced around like loonies to fit it all in.

A quick tot up and we realise that after only 48 hours we are already some 13 Snack credits and 2 CS credits in “surplus” – its going to be a lot harder than we thought to eat all this food !

There was no satnav sabotage today, but tomorrow more than makes up for it, no shopping either .

DDP count - 5 TS in Cellier and 4 CS in Cookes of Dublin
Old 6 Oct 12, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a good day and the steaks look scrummy
Old 6 Oct 12, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 12, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
food looks lovely
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 12, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great day

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 12, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That was a good day and the steaks look scrummy
the steaks were delish - although I think maybe Yachtsman's just edged them

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab day.
Very different for us to do characters first but with no Test Track there wasnt really alot else to fit in

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
food looks lovely
The boys burgers looked really nice but were just enormous - my risotto was a bit salty for me but the steaks and desserts were divine

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Great day
Yes it was great , we had a really good day from start to finish even with getting soaked while running to Cirque