Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Oct 12, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day 24 : Typhoon Lagoon and Narcoossee's

Its Sunday 19 August and tomorrow we leave OKW – we are all a bit sad as it means leaving the Disney Bubble and that we are on the end stretch of the holiday.

As we had juggled the plan earlier in the week, we are now down to visit a waterpark at the weekend which is generally not recommended.

Having saved previously for a trip on the DTD balloon flight , I have decided to put this money towards getting a premium spot again at TL

We are out by 0830 and at the park for opening where I go to get a premium spot, to be told they only take 4, so as there are 5 of us I have to rent 2 spots – which wasn’t what happened at BB but the CM isn’t having any of it. As we intend to be here all day, I cave in and rent the two spots ( yes, you can imagine what Andy said) – well, at least we had lots of space !

"getaway glen"

leaning palms

The area, Getaway Glen, is nice and secluded. As with BB its near food, loos and the lazy river so that makes it pretty ideal in my books.

Andy & I settle in with a Danish and coffee and the boys run off to try the wave pool and lazy river , where we join them for a circuit or two. There is no elegant way to get into those tubes – not the “up and under” method, not the “ turning turtle” nor the “leap of faith” – all these methods are just guaranteed humiliation

We have some photopass pics of us in the inflatables, but in case any whaling boat crew are reading , I wont post them as they may get overexcited at the blubber on display !

Lunch comes from Leaning Palms and consists of cheeseburgers and Pizzas for the boys while we share a Pulled pork sandwich – all good value on the DDP for 5 CS credits .

We queue up for the family raft ride for absolute ages – to discover a family is 4 people so we cant all ride together anyway. The boys go first and we follow with Andy narrowly avoiding concussion on a protruding rock on the way down. It really wasn’t worth the wait.

We take another round on the lazy river and the boys go off to try out the slides – humunga kowabunga being Jamie’s particular favourite and with no wait, a multiple re-rider.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List