Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Mobile Poor restaurant service

Here now and disappointed with the food quality and service. Morimotos food quality was excellent. Service not so good. We had 5 in our group but only 4 ate. The other child just wanted a drink. The bill for food alone was $250 which was covered by 2 meal credits each. The bit that annoyed me was charging $6 for a lemonade for the child not eating. So much for service even tho we gave her $50 tip.she insisted on payment.
We have also been charged 2 meal credits for a plate of fries in the crystal palace. We didn't object to that just rolled our eyes. By the way we paid for the table service upgrade so it wasn't free dining. At sci Fi dining the waiter looked annoyed that we were ordering desert even telling us we might be full for desert. Think he was clearing his tables out for the next service or for him to go home.
We are still fully tipping everywhere we eat but not really happy about it.i do feel the quality of food in Disney's restaurants is becoming really poor both in quick and table service.
Next year it's quick service or off site even tho we have paid our deposit.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

That’s not good, hope things improve for you!
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Feel your pain. We’ve had the same in one of the signatures when they charged us for the baby’s Apple juice! We were in Tusker House today and it was really poor. Took hour to see 3 characters and the 20% expected tip was ridiculous.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
elm1410
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m not sure why you expect to have drinks for free? If the charge for eating in Crystal Palace is two meal credits then that’s the charge regardless of how much you eat, whether it’s loads or just a little. It’s a buffet so there is a wide choice of food, if someone in your party chose only to eat fries then that’s their choice, you still have to pay for it.
I understand the frustration but the tip is for service not a reflection of the amount of food you choose to have. If you’re not happy with the service, the managers are normally good at resolving any issues if you speak to them.
elm1410 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
I thought Crystal Palace was a one credit restaurant?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
For me your post shows the problem you had poor service but still tipped well and while this goes on(more so for us brits I think) the problem will only get worse as servers will give more time to other guests who may not be so giving.
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had 50% crappy service in Disney this year, too many servers appeared to express the demeanour that we were nothing more than an inconvenience.
Whereas service in Disney hotels and at supervisor and management level is good, it’s actually below ‘real world’ USA often in the restaurants.
I’m convinced this is because they are earning such silly money on tips due to inflated food prices and full tables that some of them quite frankly become quite arrogant.
The best service we had by far on this trip was in St Augustine, apart from one lady in Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom who was the best of the lot.
Whilst speedy, the guy in the Plaza was quite odd, and was as miserable as sin and curt.
The worst was the guy in Yak and Yeti, he got a complaint to his manager. Response= ‘ Will have a word with him, he’s been here a long time.’

Edited at 08:47 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The general quality at DS is poor and overlly expensive.

We never TS at DS

Disney332
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
You shouldn't expect your child's drink to be free, regardless of how much you are spending on food, in my opinion.

And yes, you will be charged a TS credit for a buffet restaurant, even if you just eat french fries. I remember being appalled when we went to Crystal Palace for my daughter's Birthday breakfast and my in-laws just had a bowl of cereal each. We were paying OOP, so I learned a very expensive lesson there - no more buffets for us.

And blaming the server for the quality of food is wrong also. If the food quality isn't up to par, you need to let them know and give them the opportunity to rectify any issues.

While that is no excuse for poor service, you need to separate out the actual poor service from the issues with having to pay for what your child does and doesn't eat and order as that is entirely different.

We rarely eat on-site as we feel that the quality and cost of food is generally not comparable to off-site, but this trip we will be more so because the majority of our travelling party wants to. It's our choice so we will just suck it up and pay the price, so to speak.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Of your complaints then the service one(s) could be dealt with at the time, just ask to speak to a manager, we felt that on a couple of occasions the wait staff were just "phoning it in ".
I'm not sure where your other complaints lie, who did you expect to pay for the drink? The server can't comp you a drink, it's not up to her, & if she does it's no longer a $50 tip because she has to pay that $6- personally I wouldn't pay $6 for a lemonade Likewise there are only 2 levels of pricing at buffet restaurants, Adult & Child, so the fact that someone only had a plate of chips is neither here nor there & not sure why you would expect to only pay for chips, when there isn't a price for them to start with?
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List