Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Weather worries!

So we leave Friday for our first Orlando holiday ..I’m getting so stressed looking at the weather forecast .i really want the sun !looks like a lot of rain and thunderstorms..I was prepared for showers in the afternoon but think I will be devastated and feel like I’ve wasted an insane amount of money for a nice holiday when I could have stayed in Ireland for our usual rainy days ..I know none of you can predict the weather but will it really rain all the time in your experience? i know the parks will still stay open in the rain but really really wanted lots of pool time and activities other than the parks..i know we are so lucky to be able to do this holiday but I’m really sulking at the minute !
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I know people say they would rather be in Florida in the rain than at home, but I'm with you on this I would be gutted if the weather was horrible. Fingers crossed the forecast is wrong & the weather hold out for you. Have a fantastic holiday x
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

We went 2 years ago to get married and had to move from an outside venue to inside due to the usual afternoon rain (we were meant to get married in the morning but due to flight issues with my in-laws, C'est la vie).

June is rainy season, but as you say the worst of it is usually contained to a few hours in the afternoon.

It might feel like its raining all the time but all you can do it make the most of it and enjoy yourself.

Wear sensible shoes like flipflops or sandles, that dry quickly and invest in good rain coats or ponchoes and you'll be able to move about between the rides and other attractions. Then once the rain stops due to the humidity you'll find you dry off very quickly.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jamieolivia15
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had back in 2012 one of the worst years for tropical storms, but we still had some sun and made the most out of it. Even if it is raining, just throw on a poncho and you’ll still have fun.

But we’ve also had where the forecast said rain rain rain but it was wrong. And remember, the rain is so localised, it could be raining buckets in MK but sunny in Epcot 🤷🏼
jamieolivia15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Looking at the weather apps I use, its just the usual afternoon showers there is at this time of year. They show rain every day because there is a chance there will be a shower in afternoon or evening. It certainly won't be raining all the time so don't worry.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

My weather app has thunder and lightening for every day the next ten days, however when you look into the daily breakdowns, it is not raining all day. I expect this will be like normal Orlando weather this time of year, a storm in the afternoons.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Been a few times in June the weather is usually OK but it does rain a bit most days. Two years ago, start of June, when DD got married it tipped down for most days of the two weeks for long periods. I think we were unlucky.
amarooney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, sorry to jump on your thread but which weather app do you use? Thanks
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks everyone..I can cope with an hour or two in the afternoon but would def be really upset at two weeks of constant rain after the money it’s cost ..could have had two weeks in Spain in guaranteed sun for very little money !can I ask what weather app I should use please ?
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by roisin View Post
Thanks everyone..I can cope with an hour or two in the afternoon but would def be really upset at two weeks of constant rain after the money it’s cost ..could have had two weeks in Spain in guaranteed sun for very little money !can I ask what weather app I should use please ?
I use the BBS weather app, not everybody likes it but I have used it for years now and always found it very accurate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List