Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Dec 12, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FFCPaul71
Very Serious Dibber

FFCPaul71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Talking Days 6 & 7. ADR's and the sun comes out

Day 6 (Friday 14th) and AK was top of the agenda due to our Tusker House ADR lunch. Got to the park just after rope drop and had a nice wander through, not rushing as the crowds were quite low. Me and Sam ( disney partner DP ) went on 'Everest', but couldn't convince FIL to go on. We tried to convince him that it 'wasn't that bad', but he didn't want to know

Did the 'Safari Walk' and then off to Tusker House. rolled up ON TIME ( 3rd ADR of the holiday, 1st one we've been on time for ), was called through straight away for our pic with Donald and then shown to our table. Food was great, as expected. Character's were good as well, spent decent amount of time with DD but me and Sam missed Mickey TWICE when we went up for food

After ADR we did Rafiki's Planet Watch and DD went crazy in the 'petting zoo/area'. She loved the goats, I think I'll be getting one in the New Year Kilimanjaro Safari was alot better than in the past, we saw some animals to start with ! The CM slowed down when near the animals so we could take pic's and we were able to see what was there, which wasn't the case when we've done this in the past ! We had a full day at AK ( never planned to ) and still only done half the park. Hadn't appreciated how much there is in the park and we'll have to go back to do the other half

Day 7 was all about Epcot. We got there just on rope drop and the queue for bag check was HUGE Then the penny dropped, it was Saturday. We've never visited a Disney park on a weekend before so hadn't encountered the crowds. Funny thing though, once through the ticket gate the park seemed empty !Walked straight on 'Spaceship Earth' (oldie but goldie, love it!) I ran straight up to 'Soarin' to get FP for us all, in the end I got to go on at 3.55 in the afternoon due to the amount of people wanting to see it

Did the character meet for DD ( Mickey,Pluto and Minnie) got some lovely pics and once again the interaction is 1st class, they're great at what they do

That took us pretty much up to our ADR at 'Akershus' with the princesses' and my 1st BIG holiday moan. This was our 4th ADR/3rd character meet and when I booked them I knew they weren't gonna be cheap, I expected to pay over the odd's but 'Akershus' was not worth the money. Food was nice (don't get me wrong), but there wasn't much of it. It had the look of haute cuisine about it (I'm guessing this having never eaten at a haute cuisine restaurant), all minimal on large plates. Buffet was different (cheeses' and cold meat) but the main courses were eaten in 2 bites and the whole experience cost me $173.00 inc tip That seems way over the odds for me so we're looking at our other ADR's to see what ones we might loose Shame it has come to this so early in the holiday, but I don't wanna be looking for pennies in the last few days of the trip just so we can go out !

After the 'Norwegian mugging' experience we carried on round 'World Showcase' and the sun was out making it a really lovely afternoon in the end All topped off with a swim in one of the hotel pools when we got back

Lazy day today, we're off to Orlando this morning. Going to have a wander round the lovely Lake Eola and the farmers market.

Paul
Point Orlando 2010
Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012
Fairfield Inn@Marriott LBV & ES Sonesta 2014
Homewood Suites I-Drive 2016
FFCPaul71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List