Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Oct 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East : Day 25 : checking out of OKW and checking in to WestHaven

Very sad to be leaving our lovely Disney bubble today – its been fabulous in every way.

The plan is to check out , leave cases in the car and ask bell services if we can stow our groceries while we have breakfast and chill out by the pool until our villa is ready around 3pm. But Andy calls the management company and explains about the groceries so they are fine with us taking the cases and food stuffs and stowing them at the villa while the cleaning is progress – as long as we don’t come back to actually unpack till later in the day.

This is around 9am so Andy decides we need to go NOW which has us in a spin as we are not all up. As Connor is up and dressed he is duly volunteered to load the car and act as navigator while I and the other two will finish packing and take all out last bits and bobs down to the pool area and meet the others at Olivias for breakfast.

Connor is less than thrilled – even more so as the satnav wont recognise the WestHaven address and its not on the mapman map – but I do show him Champions Gate as its near there so they should be able to find their way from there.

As they set off, I am glad its not a journey I am making ! Its just gone 10 and I suspect they will not be back for breakfast at all.

We leave the villa and take our bits and bobs down to the pool and I take some final resort pics.

our villa

the Millers Road pool which we never got to ...

main pool

the ping pong table that the boys loved ( no shade though!)

They are not back till 1130 – it seems they did have an interesting journey and Connor is quite vocal that he did tell Andy the right way but wasn’t listened to – and Andy has to concede Connor probably was right.

That aside, apparently the villa is lovely , although Connor says it doesn’t have a games room which we were expecting. But then he couldn’t find his Mum in a restaurant so I suspect there is a games room, he just looked with his eyes closed
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We head off to Olivias for an early lunch and its lovely in here.

lovely bread as always

The boys have ribs ( connor’s were nice, jamies were chewy),

Andy has strip steak

and Nick and I have a cheeseburger.

We order some desserts to go and the boys go off to make use of the pool while Andy and I stay to share a Cheesecake ( delicious) and key lime pie ( too much crust).

The meal has a $value of £158 , which feels quite a lot. We leave a $28 tip and feel quite pleased that we managed all our TS meals in the end.

We spend a while at the pool, it really does feel like “home”. We set off for DTD to make the most of our snack credits at Goofys Candy store. We have decided to split them 5 ways so that’s 6 each and the spare one for Andy. The boys buy candy , cookies and muffins and we stock up on bottled drinks as they will be handy in the next few days. We have a fridge full of desserts already waiting for us so don’t need anymore sweet things !

bye bye Disney...

Around 2.30 we make our way to the villa, arriving just before 3pm ( minor satnav hiccup). Its really lovely .

Andy locates the beer shelf

our room

our bathroom , which we got to know really well

Connor's room and ensuite

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nick's room

Jamie's room

their shared bathroom

I find the gamesroom ( it’s the garage) and the boys are very pleased – although its well hot in there so a morning and evening room only !

The villa has been very well prepared, a few signs of wear and tear but has a lovely feel. Nice pool, nice aspect and very comfy. I begin the last unpack ( I hate these cases) , bearing in mind that the day after tomorrow we have two nights at Universal so I will need to pack for that at some point …

It is nice to mooch about in our own space. Around 5pm Andy announces he is going back to DTD to use up our last CS credits at Wolfgang Puck. He takes connor with him who makes some jest about not being back till gone 7 , which we laugh off but turns out to be quite prophetic.

While they are gone, there is a heavy downpour which finishes just as they arrive back.

Apparently they had got caught in that rain on the way there and back which slowed them down and WPE was packed . They have a big haul with them of 7 BBQ chicken pizzas ( 4 for tonight and 3 for the freezer) , Andy’s usual rotisserie chicken, a small mountain of cookies and bottles of orange juice. Great use of our last 8 credits and a $value of $159.

We have dinner out on the patio and have a swim, with the boys generally messing about and enjoying the freedom . Andy and I sit outside reading with a glass of wine – this feels so relaxing.

We have an early start tomorrow for Seaworld so off to bed around 9pm but then there is a huge lightning storm so we all get up to watch it across the sky. The storm carries on for some time , probably related to all the disturbance related to Hurricane Isaac which is starting to occupy a lot of airtime now and is making us consider our plans for when we visit Busch Gardens, but a few days yet to make any decisions.

sat nav sabotage - at least 2, but I only witnessed one, Westhaven doesnt seem to be on its list of recognised addresses

Shopping count - nil, using up credits doesnt count !

DDP -- 5TS at Olivias, all our remaining CS at WPE and all snack credits at Goofy's. Good Job !
Old 20 Oct 12, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely villa, is it a Dibb Villa?
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lovely villa, sounds like you made good use of the DDP

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great OKW pics and your villa looks lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab pics of OKW. It's made me even more excited for our stay next year. . Think we'll be eating at Olivia's on our first night

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice villa bet your all glad of the space
Old 21 Oct 12, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely villa Fab pics
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Lovely villa, is it a Dibb Villa?
We booked it through Charter Travel so who knows, it could be !

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Lovely villa, sounds like you made good use of the DDP
We enjoyed the DDP - it all went a bit downhill from here as the boys declared they were "fooded out" so not alot of fine dining from now on

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great OKW pics and your villa looks lovely
OKW was gorgeous but we also enjoyed having our own space in the villa

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab pics of OKW. It's made me even more excited for our stay next year. . Think we'll be eating at Olivia's on our first night
OKW really was fabulous in every way. I had read mixed reviews about Olivias but we were pleasantly surprised

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nice villa bet your all glad of the space
yes we were although some nights it was a bit odd with the boys in their own rooms, it was rather like being at home and not on holiday !

Originally Posted by geoff193 View Post
Lovely villa Fab pics
thanks - yes, it was a very nice place