Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 12, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East day 36 : Aquatica

ok, so we fibbed to the boys, there was shopping as well ...

We arrive here

at 0915 which is good going

reservoir dogs have been on the donuts

and we have our pick of the loungers by the pool - of course the trick is knowing how the sun is going to move around so that you will be shaded all the time , as the umbrellas don’t move.

Andy drops us off and goes to retrieve our Lacoste shopping from yesterday.

I realise I don’t have enough cash and walk all the way out of the park to use the ATM at the entrance, only to spot one inside the park on the way back in- doh !

I pick up some drinks for the boys and am surprised to find Jamie waiting for me – it seems he has stood on a wasp and is feeling a bit peaky ( and looking a bit pale). Examining the sting, we establish that its all gone and apply the magic zapper and some cream. That and the drink seem to bring him back to life a bit.

Connor and Nick, ever caring, make their way back some considerable time later . They set off to try out the Rapids and the Racers ( their favourites) and I am joined by several hundred squealing South American girls – who have the whole park to choose from, but pick the row right in front of me.

See . all. this. space. and . they. sit . right. in . front. of me.

They are deafening in their volume – all squeaks and squeals and I can only imagine they were dolphins in a former life as they seem unable to communicate with actual words. Never mind, we have not come across tour groups for the majority of the holiday - just turn up the volume and put the headphones on.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The boys re appear around 11 – which must mean they are either hungry or fallen out with other – happily it’s the former and they nip round to the Waterstone Grill when it opens for chicken tenders and fries and turkey sandwich .

Food consumed , they trot off, appearing again only 30 minutes later in search of slushies. So much for a relaxing day – I have been up and down like Zebedee this morning. And so there is a pitiful lack of pics as I just didnt get around the park. I thought about uploading some pics from our last trip 2 years ago but a] thats cheating and b] photobucket is being sooooooooooo slow that I already lost this thread once so I am not trying it again !

Having despatched the boys again, Andy calls to say he finally got our stuff after some TNA arm wrestling with some other would be bargain hunters – after most of last nights stuff that was “put by” with customer names on, was promptly unbagged this morning and put back out for sale. It seems one of my (many) handbags was wrestled from a rather disgruntled lady so I am glad Andy went and not me .

It seems he also made a stop at the Festival Bay Mall and bought another bag – to accommodate the further numerous pairs of Nike trainers that have been purchased ( A “snip” in his words at $70 for the lot ).

You have to admire him and his one man quest to restore the American economy , specifically their shoe trade.

Pointing out that you can only wear one pair at a time, some comment is made about handbags and we agree to a truce – and a count up when we return home to see who indeed is the ultimate shopper in the family. I will post the results in my final day, so you can place your bets now !

At least we can be grateful that he refrained from buying the boat that was “ an absolute bargain”

I ponder on exactly how all the cases and people are going to fit in the car and whether we may have to strap some, or all of the children , to the roof on the way back to the airport – clearly we wouldn’t want to put the cases up there and risk losing any shoes or bags and the kids seem pretty sturdy – we could tell them it’s a new craze that’s replaced “planking” . And no, we didnt really do that , but it was an interesting thought !

I digress, Andy arrives, the boys announce they have done all they want to do and so of course, we set off for some more shopping. I bet they wished they whinged less on the West Coast now – we hardly shopped at all there , ha ha.

It’s a very quick stop at the Outlets and more Disney stuff is purchased ( Xmas decs for us) .

Who names these things ?

Angry Bird Heaven

i know i posted this before, but it made me smile on every journey

The boys get a McDonalds from the local one at Champions Gate – Andy and I have another Chilli’s ,. Which takes an extraordinarily long time to be ready.

I think I was quite (very) grumpy by now as I had said umpteen times I had wanted to go to Cracker Barrel but temporary deafness , no doubt from all the ringing of cash registers earlier in the day , must have affected Andy’s hearing.

To make up for my tortilla-less fajitas on our last visit , I am given a double portion – there is an obscene amount of food in the takeaway boxes ( sorry I forgot a pic) and with only a few days to go, I cant see how its all going to be eaten. Portion Control obviously not in the dictionary here !

As the sun is slowly setting we laze on the loungers with some wine and reflect on what a fabulous holiday its been. Lying in the warmth , we are carried away with the “ wouldn’t it be great to live like this” fantasy that I am sure we must all do. Except of course that small matter of how to fund such a ridiculously extravagant lifestyle – oh yes, that would be work then. Andy determines that I should become a Disney guide and he will clean pools – so that’s all sorted then, not enough of those people here already ( ahem, I think not)

It really is a blissful evening – I wish now we had done more of this lounging about in the villa, but then we did so many other great things as well. This last week has been particularly nice as we have had a lot of down time, a luxury of being here for so long , and we all feel quite chilled out – not returning from Florida totally shattered and in need of a week’s sleep to recover ( like last time)

A lovely chilled evening and we are looking forward to Discovery Cove tomorrow

Edited at 09:52 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm loving your trippie and I'm am so jealous you've been away for so long!
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 12, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another great report,thanks
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by geoff193 View Post
Thank you for sharing
Thank YOU for reading

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great read!
Thank you for sticking with me !

Originally Posted by KellyWellyWoo View Post
I'm loving your trippie and I'm am so jealous you've been away for so long!
Ah, but you have a great trip coming up too ! You will have so much fun . Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
another great report,thanks
Thank you for sticking with it x
Old 7 Nov 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

I love that mickey pylon too, we too have loads of photos of it xx
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 12, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Brilliant day. I totally agree that tying the boys to the roof would be the perfect solution to a lack of space

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 12, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Aquatica looks good, not been there, another place on our next time list

Pleased to hear you got all the bargains, phew!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List